Each year after the Christmas craziness, we launch into birthday season in our house. Usually I have tons of ideas and have a hard time figuring out which option to choose, but this year was a different story. Coming up with birthday party ideas for the kids is usually so fun for me, but this year I was stumped! After searching blogs, pinterest and social media sites, we just couldn’t find a theme we were both in love with. Shana of Society Sweets and I had been talking and then the idea struck. With travel plans taking us to Paris this summer, and Shana wanting to test out the idea of offering classes, it was a perfect fit…a Patisserie party!
I couldn’t help myself. Knowing this party was going to be inside, which I haven’t done before, I needed something pretty to take pictures of. 😉 So, I built a façade. Using tension rods and foam core, I created a store front where the kitchen nook is. My birthday party ideas usually involve some sort of crazy idea, but my husband is always a good sport and helps me build whatever I dream up. 😉
Shana worked with the girls to create desserts like chocolate filled croissants and fruit tarts and as a special treat, she taught the girls how to make fondant decorations and let them decorate the birthday cake.
The girls had SUCH a great time. Shana was born to do this! She really let them take the reins and do the baking, which was what made it so fun for the girls.
The “patisserie” was full of painted antique tables full of cake stands (green cakestand , my favorite white stands, pink stands ) holding decadent goodies…cream puffs, macarons, cupcakes, petit fours, eclairs…you name it. Each girl was given a pink box (from IKEA) to take home some of the treats they made, and to take a selection of goodies from the shop home as well.
Thanks to Shana, this was one of the easiest parties I have ever done. It flowed SO smoothly. If you are looking for a great party idea for older girls, and live in the Southern California area, send her an email and let her customize something special for you.
Here are a few other fun parties I have created if you are looking for other fun party ideas:
Do you have a favorite entertaining tip or a party to share? I’d love to know about it! Let me know about it in the comments. You can join me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more fun ideas about food, design, travel and entertaining. Join Shana over at Society Sweets on Instagram too for mouthwatering posts of all her delicious treats. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss a thing!
Have a wonderful day!
- Feliz Navidad : Neighbor Christmas Gift Ideas
- Our Christmas Family Room Decor
- The Best Dutch Apple Pie Recipe & 8 More Amazing Thanksgiving Recipes
- 20 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Settings : Simple Thanksgiving Table Decorations
- 4th of July Printables : Free Printable Sign
- Free Teacher Appreciation Printable : Thanks for an Amazing Year
- Ice Cream Sundae Party Ideas : Ice Cream Party Food
- Cute and Cheerful Christmas Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Easy DIY Spider Headband for Halloween
- Hosting a Brunch Party : Creative Brunch Ideas for a Crowd
- DIY Mini Felt Sports Pennant Decorations
- Entertaining: Fun Ideas for Hosting a Pitch Perfect 2 Movie Night and Karaoke Party