Each year after the Christmas craziness, we launch into birthday season in our house. Usually I have tons of ideas and have a hard time figuring out which option to choose, but this year was a different story. Coming up with birthday party ideas for the kids is usually so fun for me, but this year I was stumped! After searching blogs, pinterest and social media sites, we just couldn’t find a theme we were both in love with. Shana of Society Sweets and I had been talking and then the idea struck. With travel plans taking us to Paris this summer, and Shana wanting to test out the idea of offering classes, it was a perfect fit…a Patisserie party!
I couldn’t help myself. Knowing this party was going to be inside, which I haven’t done before, I needed something pretty to take pictures of. 😉 So, I built a façade. Using tension rods and foam core, I created a store front where the kitchen nook is. My birthday party ideas usually involve some sort of crazy idea, but my husband is always a good sport and helps me build whatever I dream up. 😉
Shana worked with the girls to create desserts like chocolate filled croissants and fruit tarts and as a special treat, she taught the girls how to make fondant decorations and let them decorate the birthday cake.
The girls had SUCH a great time. Shana was born to do this! She really let them take the reins and do the baking, which was what made it so fun for the girls.
The “patisserie” was full of painted antique tables full of cake stands (green cakestand , my favorite white stands, pink stands ) holding decadent goodies…cream puffs, macarons, cupcakes, petit fours, eclairs…you name it. Each girl was given a pink box (from IKEA) to take home some of the treats they made, and to take a selection of goodies from the shop home as well.
Thanks to Shana, this was one of the easiest parties I have ever done. It flowed SO smoothly. If you are looking for a great party idea for older girls, and live in the Southern California area, send her an email and let her customize something special for you.
Here are a few other fun parties I have created if you are looking for other fun party ideas:
Do you have a favorite entertaining tip or a party to share? I’d love to know about it! Let me know about it in the comments. You can join me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more fun ideas about food, design, travel and entertaining. Join Shana over at Society Sweets on Instagram too for mouthwatering posts of all her delicious treats. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss a thing!
Have a wonderful day!
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Hang a Picture Perfectly by Yourself : A Foolproof Guide
- 20 Beautiful Christmas Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- Birthday Wishes Tags : Free Printable Birthday Tags
- Modern Spider Themed Halloween Party
- Free Printable Valentine: You Drive Me Wild Valentine
- DIY Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids- How to make Glittered Turkeys with Fall Leaves
- DIY Felted Garland Tutorial
- Party Hearty Valentine: Free Printable Valentine Candy Free
- DIY Glittered Party Bottles : Fun DIY Party Ideas
- Entertain: Pink, Gold and Mint Baptism Party
- DIY: How to Make Glitter Votives Tutorial
- Kid's Easter Craft DIY: How to Make a Cute Easter Nest from a Paper Bag
- St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Pancakes