February has flown by. I can’t believe that we were just celebrating Valentine’s Day and red and pink were filling up my Instagram and blog feeds, and now it’s already time to switch to green for St. Patrick’s Day! Here is a simple but totally cute and delicious treat you can make this month to help bring you the luck of the Irish. It is so easy to make chocolate dipped Oreos. You’ll wonder why you haven’t been making them your whole life. 😉
Mint and Oreo happens to be one of my favorite combinations. I’ll have to share a recipe that is my favorite birthday treat with these two flavors one of these days. I have had my mom make it for me every year since I was like 12…that’s a long time! But for now, I’ll share these yummy treats. Made with just three ingredients, they come together in minutes. You will need Mint Oreos, Wilton chocolate candy melts in green, and green and white sprinkles. I purchased my candy melts and sprinkles at Michaels. You will also want a piece of parchment paper to set the finished cookies on so they don’t stick to anything.
You will need to melt your chocolate fist. These chocolate melts are a cinch to melt and create a silky chocolate coating. I used a 4 oz jelly jar to melt mine in because it is wide enough to dip an Oreo, and shallow enough that I don’t have to melt a ton of chocolate to get the look I want. If you can, try and find something similar to use.
Fill your jar very full, as the chocolate will melt down. Stick it in the microwave for about a minute. Since microwave temperatures vary, you may need to heat it a little bit longer or less, just be careful not to over het it or it will get all clumpy. It’s better to melt it a little at a time until you figure out how your microwave handles it. After you have heated it for about a minute, the candies still may be holding their shape, but they are melty. Take a knife or spoon and stir the candy melts. Stir them until all the chunks are gone and it is all smooth. If you need to heat it some more, do it in short spurts, then stir again until it’s smooth.
Once it is melted, start dipping your Oreos. I just dipped one half of mine. Set your dipped cookie down on the parchment paper and decorate with sprinkles. These will need to cool for about 20 minutes on the counter, or about 10 minutes in the fridge. They are all set once the chocolate has hardened again. How easy is that?
I think these would make a cute teacher gift or a little pick me u for a friend or neighbor…maybe they need a free printable to go with them…what do you think? I’ll get working on that for you. 😉 In the mean time, you make the Oreos and I’ll be back with a cue way to wrap them up and a printable one of these days soon! 😉
If you’re looking for other fun St. Patrick’s Day DIY, Decorating, and party ideas and printables, you can find some of our favorites here…
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party