I was at Target the other day looking for Halloween clearance, and of course I was totally side tracked by the Christmas stuff that was going up. 😉 There were So many cute wrapping papers, gift bags and boxes that it got my creative juices flowing. I wanted to figure out a way to use the cute prints and create some DIY Christmas decor. I picked up a few of the new Sugar Paper gift wraps and some darling gift bags and came home to design something fun. I often create free printables for Christmas and other holidays, and these prints reminded me of something I would create to frame, so I knew they would look darling around the house in frames. The best part about this DIY Christmas decor is that it only takes a few dollars and about 5 minutes to create.
I spent a few minutes simply cutting up the paper bags and removing the ribbon handles and tags to give me a flat, frame-able image. With the rolls of paper it was easy to just cut a piece to size to frame. If the paper has a varied pattern, just make sure that you cut a piece that features the part of the print you want to showcase once it’s framed.
I think they are all pretty fun, but I have to say that the deer print is my favorite! I noticed that on the bags I purchased, one side of the bag had the gold foiled deer, and on the other side of the bag there was no foiling, so be sure to look at both sides of the bag you choose before you cut it up to make sure you are getting the side you want.
This would be a fun and easy way to decorate for birthdays, or just about any other occasion. There are so many pretty wrapping papers and gift bags these days, you can create DIY Christmas decor or DIY year round decor by simply making art from gift bags. I hope you are feeling inspired to create something fun and simple for your home this season.
If you are looking for more fun DIY Christmas decor ideas, you can find a bunch in our DIY Christmas gallery.
Have a wonderful day!
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Hang a Picture Perfectly by Yourself : A Foolproof Guide
- How To Keep Photos Organized On Your Computer
- Galentine's Day Ideas : Galentine, Will You Accept This Rose? Free Printable
- Disney Gifts for Mom : Awesome Gifts for Disney Lovers
- Galentine's Valentine's Day Brunch Party
- Buffalo Plaid Black and White DIY Temporary Wallpaper
- DIY Valentines : Eye Like You Valentine
- Halloween DIY: Create a Giant Washi Tape Spiderweb
- Free Printable Valentine: You Drive Me Wild Valentine
- Make this Easy and Cute Valentine Pink and Red DIY Candy Gift Box
- Washi Tape Christmas Tree Cute DIY Cake Topper
- DIY Closet Organization and Outfit Look Book
- DIY: Super Cute and Easy 2 Step Gold Polka Dot Party Drink Bottles