I have a super easy and cute DIY for you today, just in time for all your fall entertaining! Can I tell you a little styling secret? Sometimes I have food around my house that I use in shoots for a LONG time. I work with SO much party food that I can’t possibly let my kids eat it all, so instead, I keep it and try to use it a few times so I don’t waste it. I had these cupcakes sitting on top of the fridge and I knew I wanted to make something for Thanksgiving with them, but I couldn’t quite figure out what. Well, I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and found these die cut feathers in the scrapbook section, so I grabbed them and came home to make something fun. In a matter of about 5 minutes and with the help of a glue gun and some toothpicks, I made these DIY cupcake toppers and feather party food picks that I think look SO cute and would be darling for any Thanksgiving table, fall party, or how about a cute tribal themed birthday party or baby shower?
Hot Glue Gun (Feather Die Cuts)
Feather Die Cuts (or you can cut out your own feathers from construction paper)
Hot glue a toothpick to the back of each feather…that’s it! Aren’t those cute and easy DIY cupcake toppers? You can use them as appetizer picks too.
Aren’t those fun? You can impress all of your guests with the cute DIY and only you have to know that it just took you minutes. 😉
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter and get access to our entire library of over 50 free printables. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.
Looking for more fun and easy DIY projects? Our DIY Gallery is FULL of them! I guess I have a thing for feathers. Check out our DIY washi tape feathers which make great gift toppers, and the cute glittered feather turkeys that Ash made.
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- How to Make a Pretty Flower Arrangement with Grocery Store Flowers
- Galentine's Day Ideas : Galentine, Will You Accept This Rose? Free Printable
- Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas for Kids (and everyone else)
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- Funny Printable Valentine's Day Cards for Kids
- Cute DIY Halloween Movie Night Party Ideas
- Graduation Party Ideas : Follow Your Dreams
- Valentine's Day Fondue Date Night
- Buffalo Plaid Black and White DIY Temporary Wallpaper
- DIY Closet Organization and Outfit Look Book
- DIY: Super Cute and Easy 2 Step Gold Polka Dot Party Drink Bottles
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks
5 thoughts on “DIY Cupcake Toppers and Feather Party Food Picks”
I love these so much! And I especially love the more contemporary color palate of the feathers. Thank you for sharing these and Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks so much Candace! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving too! 🙂
So cute! I love the colours. Would you be interested in sharing with us at The Crafty Corner link party? A new party started today. I hope to see you there 🙂
Antonella | White House Crafts recently posted…SHOP: BLACK FRIDAY DEALS