Hooray for the Red, White and Blue! Seriously though, isn’t it such a great color combination?! It’s time to plan for some fun Patriotic parties, and there is nothing better than an inexpensive, easy and super cute party backdrop idea. I made this DIY Patriotic party backdrop in about 30 minutes, using nothing but some paper plates and tape! And you can make it even faster because now I can tell you exactly how many paper plates you will need.
Amazing DIY 4th of July Easy Party Backdrop Supplies
I purchased these plates (20 count packs) in red, white and blue. This party backdrop is about 7 feet wide by about 5 feet tall. If you’d like to make one this size you will need two packages of red plates, two packages of white plates, and one package of blue plates.
This paper plate party backdrop goes up so fast in part because the plates are square, which makes it very easy to keep things even and straight by simply lining the plates up next to each other. First I built up the 9 blue plates…
and then started adding my red and white stripes to it. One piece of tape in the middle of the back of each plate is plenty to keep each plate secure on the wall.
I left about an inch in between each plate on all sides to keep things uniform. It goes together so quickly!
This DIY Patriotic Paper Plate Party Backdrop Idea works for both photo booths and as a DIY party table backdrop. Place a small table near by your photo backdrop and have some fun photo props like flags and party blowers around for your guests to use while they take pictures in front of this fun backdrop at your next patriotic red, white and blue party.
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox each week. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. 🙂 And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration. Thank you for sharing this fun party backdrop idea with your friends on your social media channels! Sharing makes it possible for me to create more fun ideas for you. If you are looking for more fun party ideas we have a whole gallery of them available for you! You can search for party ideas for most any occasion or holiday here.
Here are a few of our favorites:
Have fun creating your very own DIY patriotic paper plate party backdrop!
Have a great day!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party