Looking for a cute and easy gift for the crafty women in your life this Mother’s Day? You can make this fun and easy gift in a matter of minutes and there’s a free printable Mother’s Day tag to go with it!
If you don’t want to make the DIY sewing jar, head to your local craft or sewing store and pick up cute fabric, a pre-made sewing kit, or anything you think your mom or grandmother might like in the sewing department and use this tag with it. You can even find cute gift cards to craft stores that have sewing images on them and attach it to that. There are so many possibilities!
Here’s what you’ll need:
canning jar, lid and ring
some fun buttons and thread to put inside
a 6×6 inch piece of fabric
small amount of batting
1 yard of ribbon
hot glue gun
Place the batting on the top of the jar lid and glue down enough to hold it in place. glue fabric over the batting just around the edge of the lid. place fun thread and buttons inside the jar.
place the lid on top of the jar. Tighten the ring around the top of the jar and glue ribbon around it. Stick pins in the pin cushion you created on the top and affix your tag! Easy Peasy! 🙂
I made a grandma version for you too, just in case! 🙂 These tags are available in a couple of sizes to fit whatever need you have.
You can download the free files for the tags here:
Looking for more Mother’s Day ideas and free printables? You can find them in our Mother’s Day gallery here:
have a great day!
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Adorable Free Printable Halloween Tags for Booing Friends and Neighbors : Booyah!
- Cupcake Toppers Ideas : DIY Pom Pom Cupcake Toppers
- Enchanted Halloween Decorating Ideas With Balsam Hill
- Cute Bugs and Kisses Printable for Halloween
- DIY Cupcake Toppers and Feather Party Food Picks
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Cute and Easy Felt and Canvas Shamrock Pennant Banner
- DIY Felted Garland Tutorial
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
- DIY Washi Tape Feathers a Cute Fall Craft
- Kid's Easter Craft DIY: How to Make a Cute Easter Nest from a Paper Bag