Are you hosting Christmas dinner at your place this year? Even if you aren’t, there is something fun about setting a perfect Christmas table. We are not the most formal people at our house, we eat off of paper plates most of the time because I like to cut down on the number of dishes I have to do. 😉 But when it comes to Christmas, I love to have the table set…all the time, just because it’s so pretty. It’s like another great place to decorate. This year I am all about going natural. I just want greenery everywhere. Here’s a look at what our table looks like this year…
A little bit of copper (in the tea light holders) mixed with some great natural greenery that you can probably find in your yard, gingham napkins, white plates with plaid salad plates from HomeGoods (you can read more about great dinnerware choices for the holidays here) topped with fun place cards made with cork initials from Michaels and the gold dipped ceramic feathers we made last week. Perfect for a little take home ornament. I mixed in a bit of wheat, some cat tails, and beautiful pomegranates to bring in some great color and texture. You don’t need to have expensive flower arrangements or perfectly matched dinnerware. Borrow from friends and mix and match patterns.
I love these red cable knit pillows from HomeGoods. I may have purchased every single one that my local store had. Sorry if you live near me and were on the hunt. 😉 These chairs are some of my favorites too. I found them at Cost Plus. Setting a perfect Christmas table isn’t about doing something that makes you feel stuffy and uncomfortable, setting a perfect Christmas table means making something beautiful that fits YOU and makes your guests feel comfortable.
Can you tell I’m a pattern mixing fanatic? It is truly one of my favorite things to do! And the plaid wall…one of my favorite projects ever. You can find out just how easy it is to create here:
I hope you are feeling inspired to create a fun holiday table this year whether or not you are hosting!
- Top Selling TJ Maxx Home Decor In Stock Right Now
- The Biggest and BEST Cyber Monday Deals
- Baby, It's Cold Outside! Cute Winter fashion with Walmart
- Serena and Lily Thank You Sale Event
- Christmas Home Decorating Ideas - Home Tour
- Gorgeous Neutral Bedroom Design Ideas Mood Board
- Interior Designer's Favorite Decor for Less
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- 19 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
- Mint Green Baby Shower and Party Ideas
- Graduation Party Ideas : Follow Your Dreams
- Meaningful Spaces Christmas Decor Home Tour
- Buffalo Plaid Black and White DIY Temporary Wallpaper
- The Moody Blues... a Blue Mantel Re-do with Chinese Urns
- DIY Felted Garland Tutorial
- Nancy Drew Party Ideas