I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I wanted to pop in and give you a quick update at the Midway Modern Farmhouse because things are heating up and getting exciting over there! Demo has been in full swing and the new floor plan is getting framed in. While we aren’t making major changes to the bones of the original house, we are doing some clean-up work if you will, that will take some weird old parts of the house and bring it into 2019 and make it much more functional. It is SO exciting to see the progress and what this beauty is going to look like when finished! The biggest change by far is going to be the kitchen remodel before and after wall removal. This is a large home with spacious rooms, but the one spot in the house that felt tight and closed off was the entry way leading into the kitchen and family room. I am so excited about removing that wall and the change it has made to the entire space! Check it out!
What a difference, right? Here are a few more views from the kitchen…
It is unbelievable what removing a little wall can do! I love that with this floor plan, the kitchen is still tucked out of sight from the front door, even with the kitchen wall removal. I am not a huge fan of a great room layout in the sense that I don’t want people to be able to see my messy sink right when they step through my front door! Am I the only one?
Framers are busy framing in other little spots we wanted to tweak, cabinets are being constructed, all kinds of exciting things are happening. Skimming the walls and ceilings is going to be another big change here once that wallpaper is down and the ceilings don’t have a 1980’s vibe anymore. You can get caught up with what’s happening with this project here.
I can’t wait to share more updates on this Midway Modern Farmhouse with you now that things are really on the move. You can find our most up to date home tour here, and all the posts on our remodel here to see just how far this house has come to get an idea of just how dramatic the changes with this Modern Farmhouse will be too!
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter and get access to our entire library of over 50 free printables. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party