This summer our little house is going through some changes. Some needed, some just for fun. Summer is SO short this year, and since we use our house as the base for our little homeschool during the school year, my timeline is limited. I have been researching and meeting with contractors over the last few weeks to determine the timeline for different projects so we are ready to go when school is out for summer! 🙂 I can’t wait! What I think I am most excited about is actually getting our master bedroom decorated. I have been searching for master bedroom ideas and home decorating ideas all over Pinterest and Instagram as well as frequenting home decor stores. I finally think I have it narrowed down to what we are going to do. Here is a peek at the inspiration board of my bedroom ideas.
You all know I love blue, so it was a no-brainer to go blue, but I wanted to mix in greens, so the blue and green fabric pillows and the banana leaf print are perfect additions to bring in that color. I am keeping my existing furniture (dresser, nightstands and armoire) which are all black and are an apothecary style like those shown.
I also own crystal lamps similar to the ones pictured that will be staying. I have had my eye on that mirror and can’t WAIT to finally get that bed!! I have been using our wainscotting as a headboard for years, and finally decided it’s time to get a real bed. 😉
I narrowed the rug choices down to this one that I put on the inspiration board and two others from my post about how to choose a rug for your bedroom …so that will be a little surprise with the final reveal…all three are so cute, I just can’t decide!
So, what do you think of these bedroom ideas? I am excited to get things going and share the final master bedroom results with you! There will be a few surprises along the way I’m sure too. I’m trying to decide whether or not to do anything with the wall decor, so some wallpaper might be making an appearance. I need to find the perfect light too. Just as a reminder, here’s what we’re starting with…
Oh, and don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss anything!
Looking for more decorating ideas? You can find a wealth of inspiration and information in our Interior Design Gallery.
Have a wonderful day!
*affiliate links used*
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party