With the new year I’m thinking it might be time for a new bedroom. The walls got a make-over more than a year ago…eek! That sounds like a long time when I type it out! I took them from a harvest brown to a taupey-gray. I’ve been going back and forth on what to do…do I want all white bedding like I currently have? A fun printed duvet cover? Do I want to be bold with a wallpaper? And then there are the window coverings. Here’s a secret about me…I’m a total commitment phobe when it comes to drapes and window coverings. Is that weird? I don’t know why, I install them in other people’s homes and I LOVE them, and they make SUCH a difference in the over-all look of a space, I just can’t ever commit to what I want.
I know I want color. While I have loved the serene blue and brown, I found most of the great accessories at HomeGoods and I’ve been searching lately for more great finds. That rug, blanket, pillows, and almost all of the dresser décor are HomeGoods finds over time. I want to punch it up a bit. Here are a few things I’m feeling inspired by right now…
Every time I go into Nordstrom I can’t help but wander up to the home department. It used to be the shoes that got me, but now it’s the fun home stuff! I am loving the fun colors and pattern on this Maldive Collection Bedding it would work nicely with the gray on the walls too. Just when I think I want to do something different than the serene blue I’ve had, I see it paired with the coral in this Captiva collection and it makes my heart flutter. I’m a total sucker for blue.
I bet you can take one look at this bedding and know exactly who makes it. I mean, who else can pull off that whimsical bohemian look. I can’t decide if this is me. I love the tufted headboard…definitely getting one of those this time (although this one is probably more in my price range)..and those sheets…TO DIE FOR, but I just don’t knowif I can pull off that duvet. What do you think? Is the look of the room too classic with that picture frame wainscoting to do something more playful like this?
Ah decisions, decisions…thank goodness they are all fun ones! 🙂
What are your favorite color combos? I need some ideas to build some inspiration boards!
**affiliate links used**
- Pretty Walmart Home Decor
- Front Entryway Decorating Ideas : Midway Modern Farmhouse Remodel
- Simple Guest Room Design : Bedroom Remodel Before & After
- Home Office Decorating Ideas : Our Home Office Remodel
- Gorgeous Neutral Bedroom Design Ideas Mood Board
- Pretty Pillows for Every Budget
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- 31 Dazzling Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- 30 Beautiful Fall Home Decorating Ideas
- Spring Home Decor Tour: Our Spring Kitchen
- Spring Home Decor Ideas : Spring Home Tour
- How to set the perfect Christmas Table
- Interior Design: Tween Girl Bedroom Design Purple and Turquoise
- A Beautiful Christmas Holiday Home Tour with A Thoughtful Place Blog
- Interior Design: A Quick Living Room Re-do