Happy Tuesday! I love it when I get to say Tuesday when I’m doing a weekend recap…because that means it was a great 3 day weekend and that we are that much closer to the next one! 😉 I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating with friends and family. Do you have big Memorial Day traditions? We don’t really have any traditions, we just like to get out and have some fun. 🙂
Friday was a super fun day. I kicked off the weekend with a beautiful friend at the Farmhouse at Roger’s Gardens. If you are ever in Newport Beach and want to have lunch with a real “ladies who lunch” crowd…this is the place to be! The food is amazing and beautiful, and the surroundings are just the prettiest!
The menu is very Farm to Table and so it is changing all the time. There are some items that are staples, but the menu is constantly changing. I love this place so much. It is so pretty!
We were laying around the house Friday night, and Andy said…hey, let’s go to LA! Well, any invitation to head to La La Land is always accepted, even if it is 8:30 at night. We headed up to wander around WeHo and have some Shake Shack. A drive along Hollywood Blvd never disappoints either. It’s one place I don’t mind the traffic because it gives me more time to people watch. 😉
A cute cement tile wall at Shake Shack called for a family selfie. 😉
Sunday after church we went for a sunset walk in one of my favorite spots. Man I am going to miss those sunsets over the ocean!
Monday morning started with a hike up Patriot’s trail with a fun group from church for a special Memorial Day devotional and singing of the Star Spangled Banner. We sure are grateful for those that have sacrificed their lives for our freedoms in this great country!
The fog made it hard to see the ocean views quite as well, but kept everyone hiking a lot cooler! 🙂
We finished the day with a family trip to see Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men Tell No Tales and dinner at our favorite BBQ spot, Bad to the Bone. Of course I had to run into Target too to see all the cute patriotic stuff. Target never disappoints! 😉
Now it’s back to work and getting a post ready for later this week with major house updates…so stay tuned!! I hope you have a wonderful day!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party