One thing that John and I love about our neighborhood is that it is SO walkable. We spend LOTS of time out on walks as a family on the endless system of trails. We can walk to several retail centers as well, which makes for a fun date night or Saturday morning as a family. We will often walk to a little Mexican restaurant nearby and grab Mexican Food…my favorite! They have a surprisingly good breakfast…the breakfast tacos are YUMMY! While I love the tacos, my favorite thing to order is their Mexican fruit salad.
It may not be traditional Mexican food, but it has become one of my favorite Mexican food recipes. They make it in a way that I’ve never seen anywhere else, so I decided to re-create it at home!
A mix of watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew, and pineapple is topped with a trail mix of almonds, peanuts, raisins, sunflower seeds, dried figs, and flaked coconut. As if that wasn’t good enough, they drizzle honey on top. It is DIVINE! It would make a great summer breakfast or Cinco De Mayo treat.
I hope you enjoy this new twist to Mexican food as much as I do! If you’re looking for some more yummy salad recipes, you can find some of our most popular ones here:
Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
- Hearty & Delicious Homemade Chili Recipe
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Hearty and Delicious Cherry Apple Cobbler Oatmeal Recipe
- Recipe for Easy and Delicious Taco Salad with a Twist
- Perfect Cinnamon Roll Recipe : Quick Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- Recipe: Sugar Crusted Carmelized French Toast
- Recipe: Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting and Toffee
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks
12 thoughts on “Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe”
Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing on the What’s for Dinner Link up!
You had me at fruit salad! Love the addition of trail mix and honey. YUMMO!
I hope you love it Sammi!
I love healthy food and this recipe is so colourful and appetizing. Thanks for sharing with us at #OvertheMoon Link Up. I’ve pinned and shared.
Sue recently posted…Over the Moon Link Party #61
Wow! Love your blog and this recipe looks fantastic! We’ll definitely have to try it out!
Thank you so much Emily! I hope you love it! 🙂
That looks so yummy Tammy! I’m really glad you shared this with us at the DI & DI Link Party. Hope you had fun.
Christine recently posted…Purple & White Tablescape
I wish I could have a bowl of this fruit salad for my breakfast this morning! Thanks for being at FF!
Thanks so much for sharing this awesome Mexican Salad with us at Full Plate Thursday. Have a great day and come back to see us real soon!
Miz Helen recently posted…Spring Garden Projects
Tammy, This looks so delicious and easy to make! Thank you for sharing this with us last week at Share Your Style!
Carol, The Red Painted Cottage recently posted…Mother Nature Has A Real Sense Of Humor
Thanks so much Carol! 🙂