One thing that John and I love about our neighborhood is that it is SO walkable. We spend LOTS of time out on walks as a family on the endless system of trails. We can walk to several retail centers as well, which makes for a fun date night or Saturday morning as a family. We will often walk to a little Mexican restaurant nearby and grab Mexican Food…my favorite! They have a surprisingly good breakfast…the breakfast tacos are YUMMY! While I love the tacos, my favorite thing to order is their Mexican fruit salad.
It may not be traditional Mexican food, but it has become one of my favorite Mexican food recipes. They make it in a way that I’ve never seen anywhere else, so I decided to re-create it at home!
A mix of watermelon, cantaloupe, honey dew, and pineapple is topped with a trail mix of almonds, peanuts, raisins, sunflower seeds, dried figs, and flaked coconut. As if that wasn’t good enough, they drizzle honey on top. It is DIVINE! It would make a great summer breakfast or Cinco De Mayo treat.
I hope you enjoy this new twist to Mexican food as much as I do! If you’re looking for some more yummy salad recipes, you can find some of our most popular ones here:
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy & Delicious Fall Salad Recipe
- Easy kid friendly Halloween treats : Ghost Cupcakes
- 16 Amazing Fall Apple Recipes : Cinnamon Spiced Apple Strudel Sundae
- Irresistible Dip Recipe : Cheesy Chili Salsa Dip
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Recipe for Easy and Delicious Taco Salad with a Twist
- Perfect Cinnamon Roll Recipe : Quick Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- Halloween: My Favorite Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe with Whipped Cream Ghosts
- Sweets: Chocolate Ganache
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks