On of my favorite things about summer is the abundance of the best fruit around! I love cherries and wanted to come up with an amazing salad Pear and Gorgonzola salad that included a vinaigrette celebrating these ruby gems. And not just in the salad… but in the dressing as well… yup.. double the cherry goodness! I know you are going to love this fresh tasting salad and it goes with almost anything. Enjoy the taste of summer with each bite of this goodness!
Mixed Greens, Pear and Gorgonzola Salad with a Cherry Vinaigrette
5 oz. package mixed greens
1 ½ c. fresh cherries, pitted and halved
1 large pear, chopped
1 c. gorgonzola cheese crumbles
1 c. candied walnut pieces
Cherry Vinaigrette (recipe below)
½ c. fresh or frozen cherries, should equal 2 ½ oz. after pureed in a blender
1 small shallot, roughly chopped
¼ c. grapeseed or flavorless oil
¼ c. raspberry vinegar
¼ tsp. dry mustard powder
¼ tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. honey
Blend all the ingredients in a blender until completely smooth.
Reserve a little gorgonzola cheese, nuts and cherries for garnish. Toss all the salad ingredients in a bowl with desired amount of vinaigrette. Garnish with the reserved cheese, nuts and cherries. Serve immediately.
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes : Delicious Gluten Free Stuffing Recipe
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- Recipe for Easy and Delicious Taco Salad with a Twist
- Spinach and Citrus Salad Recipe