It’s been a bit of a slow week around here on the blog, but we have been busy playing hooky from work and school and enjoying some quality time with family. Sometimes I just get the urge to slow things down a bit and take some intentional time to make memories and do the things that REALLY matter. Life forces us so often to focus on the things that are temporal and in the long run of life…aren’t the most important, that sometimes it’s great to be able to focus on what is REALLY important. We have been able to have my grandma come and visit and stay with us this week and what a treat it has been! We’ve had cousins come and visit and dinners together and laughed and told stories and just had a wonderful time. I feel so fortunate to still have my grandma around…even at my old age. 😉 I feel grateful to have kids that are old enough to have special bonds with her too. So today, instead of hanging out on a school field trip we are spending time learning from her, doing nails and making memories.
I’ve been doing a lot of blog “housekeeping” over the last few months and noticed that I used to spend a lot more time posting personal tidbits here and there about our family life…and then at one point a few years ago, this place that I love turned into feeling a little bit more like a job. I stopped sharing more real moments because along the way it seemed like those things weren’t “Pinterest worthy” so I stopped posting.
I have a birthday coming up, which is always a time of reflection for me. This year is different in that it’s now almost been a year since we moved. I’m not going to lie…this has been a difficult year. While from the outside I’m sure things look wonderful, an exciting home remodeling project, a new job etc., it has been a year of loneliness, homesickness and just downright sadness. As I reflect on how hard this last year has been on all of us, I also have been thinking about the things that bring us the most joy, and it really is these meaningful moments, time spent with family. Here’s a simple free printable for you of a quote that I love..
You can download it here:
So, I’m going to go back to sharing every a few more of those moments every now and then, and I hope that’s ok. The pictures may not be worth pinning, but they are the ones I want to remember most, and I want my children to remember most.
Today, if you are lucky enough to have a grandparent around…give them a call. Send them a text. Send a note to a parent, a friend…let them know you love them. Those are the moments and time spent in life that you won’t ever regret.
Happy Thursday my friends.
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party