This post brought to you by Chobani. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Pink Peppermint Design.
Long warm nights and summer holidays are here and that means it’s time to entertain! Successful parties don’t require long hours spent in the kitchen- just simple food, good company, and a pretty setting. This weekend we spent some time with friends and family celebrating summer. These no fuss summer party ideas and tips for putting together a pretty party will make your 4th of July and summer get-togethers easy and beautiful.
1.Don’t worry about dishes– Cute paper products are inexpensive, fit with your theme, and make clean up a breeze. China has it’s place at more formal gatherings, but one of the beauties of summer entertaining is the easy, breezy, casual feel of it all. Paper plates and cups make it so you, the hostess, can enjoy your party too!
2. Keep Food Simple– A potluck is a perfect idea for a summer party. I love to invite guests to bring their favorite dish or side to a party because it makes for a fabulous meal, cuts down on the amount of time I spend in the kitchen, and I often find new favorite recipes that I can incorporate into my own dinner rotation. I like to set up a few simple appetizers and snacks for guests to graze on all evening. Summer fruits and vegetables are not only delicious, but they are healthy and beautiful. I picked up some pre-made dips and paired them with a rainbow array of fresh vegetables and pita chips. Pick up a few different flavors of dips so there is something for everyone. The vegetables are easy to prepare, just wash and serve, and because the veggies and dips are a healthier snacking option, I felt like it was ok to mix in a few sweets like cute themed cookies for a fun treat. A table like this is lots of bang for your buck with amazing colors and flavors with only minutes of prep.
3. Make drinks easily accessible and self-serve– Summer nights can get hot and guests are sure to be thirsty. Stock a bar cart and a few tables and coolers with essentials: glasses, plates, straws, ice, a water dispenser, sodas etc. Set those tables and coolers in areas around the party so they are easy to find and make it easy for guests to help themselves when they want. If you are using plastic cups, I also like to keep a sharpie handy at each drink station to encourage guests to write their names on their cups to minimize lost drinks.
4. DIY Decorations– Summer nights are so beautiful with gorgeous sunsets and skies full of stars, it doesn’t take much to make your party pretty. When it comes to decorations, simplify. Patriotic colors are great for any summer party, not just the 4th of July. Grab whatever red, white and blue serve ware, pillows, throws, napkins, etc. that you have on hand and put them all together for a fun, eclectic mix. Mixing and matching patterns and colors like that gives your party a more relaxed vibe, which is what you are striving for anyways, so it’s the perfect solution for easy summer decor. Twinkle lights make any night magical, so if you have some on hand, string them up for ambiance. Flowers don’t need to be fussy either. Baby’s breath is pretty when set in a colorful bucket or vase. It holds up well in heat too, making it ideal for warm nights.
5. Create cozy conversation areas–Don’t be afraid to use inside furniture outside every once and awhile. Bring your wood tables and indoor dining chairs outside for extra seating. It creates more of a living room feel for your outdoor event. Set up a fire pit and some comfy chairs and your guests will linger long into the night.
I hope these easy summer party ideas and entertaining tips will help make your 4th of July parties more enjoyable!
Looking for more 4th of July and patriotic holiday decoration and ideas? Here are some free 4th of July Printables:
Easy Recipes for your 4th of July Parties:
You can find more fun ideas in our gallery here.
Here are a few super cute patriotic party supplies I rounded up for your party table:
I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July!
*affiliate links used*
- Feliz Navidad : Neighbor Christmas Gift Ideas
- Our Christmas Family Room Decor
- The Best Dutch Apple Pie Recipe & 8 More Amazing Thanksgiving Recipes
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Host a Cute and Easy Super Bowl Party
- No Chill Sour Cream Sugar Cookie Cut Out Recipe
- 4th of July Printables : Free Printable Sign
- 17 Awesome Winter Party Ideas: Ski Party Themes
- Tips for Hanging Garland
- DIY Mini Felt Sports Pennant Decorations
- Parties: Anchors Away : A Nautical Themed Party
- Entertain: Pink, Gold and Mint Baptism Party