We already know it’s the most important meal of the day, but Breakfast served with a side of an ocean view isn’t just good for your body, it’s good for your soul. Here are what we consider to be the 4 best brunch spots at the beach in Orange County where you can grab some delicious food close to, if not on, the beach.
Tucked away behind the historic Casino San Clemente, this charming little breakfast spot offers some of the best French pastries around. A nice selection of flaky, buttery croissants, as well as “Palm Sandwiches” and pre-made salads (I highly recommend the Asian Kale salad, the Chicken Tarragon salad and the Agave Fruit salad) are some of the delicious fare offered at this quaint spot. A popular place with tourists and locals, parking is scarce and metered, so come prepared with quarters. Located just across the street from the North Beach trail, you can walk off your Creme Brulee filled Kouing Aman with a stroll along the ocean.
It’s not glamorous, tucked back in the corner of a pretty nondescript strip mall along PCH, but don’t judge a book by it’s cover. This delicious breakfast spot ALWAYS has a wait… and a long one at that. The build out in this non-descript strip mall location is almost as pretty as the food. Try the famous Dutch Baby pancake with lemon and powdered sugar, or my favorite…the Santa Fe Eggs Benedict. The chipotle-cilantro hollandaise is to die for!
Good food and on the beach? That combination means dining here for breakfast takes some planning and some patience, but it is well worth the extra effort. Nestled amongst the cozy beach cottages on the sands of Crystal Cove State Park, The Beachcomber is a traveler’s and local’s favorite breakfast spot. Favorites like Coconut Macadamia Pancakes and Crab Cake Benedict are extra tasty and add to the “breakfast on the beach” experience. Book ahead…and I mean WAY ahead on Open Table if you want to avoid a wait. Prime brunch times on weekends are often completely booked up weeks in advance, especially during the height of the tourist season.
If you’re looking for something a little fancier, maybe for a Mother’s Day brunch or birthday celebration, Raya is a favorite. With floor to ceiling windows, and a location that has you hanging over the cliffs of the Pacific Ocean the view is incredible…and so is the food. This is the Ritz Carlton, after all. Try the Carnitas Huevos Rancheros. Be sure to enjoy stroll down to the beach after breakfast. Salt Creek Beach and park are a gorgeous place to spend the afternoon.
Looking for other places to stay, things to do and restaurants to visit while staying in Southern California? Check out some of our other most popular travel posts:
Be sure to check out my other travel posts for more great ideas and adventures! I’d love to have you join me on social media where I share more of our family travels, design ideas and fun every day! You can find me here…
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party