This is the simplest recipe that makes the most delicious apples for snacking and adding to LOTS of other amazing recipes. I’ll be sharing several more recipes in the coming weeks that incorporate these delicious baked cinnamon sugar apple slices, so be sure to pin this recipe so you can find it again easily! 🙂
I like to use granny smith apples, but I’m sure that any apple that is good for baking would be awesome!
When I’m feeling lazy (like today), I’ll leave the skins on, but you can peel these apples too!
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Wash and slice up those apples into slices that are about 1/4 of an inch thick. You want them to be a bit thicker so they keep their shape and stay a bit firm.
Mix up a little cinnamon and sugar…for 4 apples you’ll want about 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon.
Grease a baking sheet and toss those apple slices in the cinnamon and sugar, then spread them out on that baking sheet.
(For some recipes I’ll throw in some dried cranberries too.) Once you’ve spread the apples out on the baking sheet, dot them with about 2 tablespoons of butter that you’ve sliced up into little pats.
Put your baking sheet of yummy spiced apples in the oven for about 20 minutes. I like my apples to stay a little firmer, so I’ll check them at about 15 minutes to see how they are doing and if I want to keep cooking them.
Once they are baked, let them cool and they are ready to be the star of lots of yummy recipes, or a delicious snack. 😉
I like to use them on ice cream!
Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
This easy and delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices recipe is a simple fall treat perfect for pairing with pork chops, using on top of a sundae or for snacking right out of the pan.
- 4 Granny Smith Apples
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Peel and slice apples into 1/4 inch slices
Mix white sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon together and toss apples in mixture until well coated.
Grease your baking pan or dish.
Layer your cinnamon sugar coated apple slices on your baking pan until it is completely filled.
Scatter the pats of butter on top of the apples.
Bake for 15-25 minutes or until apples are tender to your liking.
Looking for more delicious recipes? You can find even more in our recipe library.
Be sure to sign up for my newsletter so you can download and print all of our fun printable tags. Sign up for the newsletter here to get access to our huge free printable library!
Thanks for visiting the blog! Come and join me on social to follow along with all of my Design, Travel, DIY, Shopping Deals and other posts. You can find me here:
Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Like to Know It
- Hearty & Delicious Homemade Chili Recipe
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- Easy & Delicious Fall Salad Recipe
- Best Green Chile Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Irresistible Dip Recipe : Cheesy Chili Salsa Dip
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Hearty and Delicious Cherry Apple Cobbler Oatmeal Recipe
- Perfect Cinnamon Roll Recipe : Quick Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Sweets: Chocolate Ganache
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- Recipe: Sugar Crusted Carmelized French Toast
- Eat: Recipe: Warm Apple Cake with Spiced Butter Cream Sauce
- Party Food Ideas: Disney Monster's Inc. Monster's University Pretzel Snacks