As it gets closer to Christmas I keep finding new little spots I want to add a little Christmas cheer to. One of our guest rooms is actually one of my favorite spots in the house because the beds just look so darn cute when they are all made up. (Maybe it’s really because no one actually sleeps in there, so they stay made all the time. ;)) I decided that I needed to mix things up a little bit in there for the holidays and added a little Christmas bedroom decor to each of the beds. The green quilts were the perfect backdrop for some cute and cheerful Christmas bedroom decorating ideas. Here’s a quick look at the easy updates. Affiliate links are included in this post.
I love it when you can add just a few touches to a room and it makes it look completely different! The green quilts and star sheets are a constant on these beds, as are the black and white striped pillows. I simply changed out the throw at the end of the bed for a great plaid throw from HomeGoods and added a red and white gingham pillow case.
The small side table got itself a Christmas tree that I added to one of my favorite Christmas buckets, and I used a cute Christmas truck and stag head on the bottom shelf. This is typically a kids space, so I love that the truck feels like a toy. I made that table over with some Annie Sloan chalk paint a few years back. You can see the before here.
The black and white pillows look so fun up against the red and white gingham. And I love the pop of gold from the reading lamp. This one was a HomeGoods find, but here is a similar lamp that I also use in this room. There is an overhead lamp in this room, but I like to give each guest in a shared space their own light just in case somebody wants to stay up later than their bunk mate reading or catching up on emails. The Santa hats are just a fun little gift for those staying.
The felted holly garland is one of my favorite HomeGoods Christmas finds. It is a 6 foot strand and hangs just perfectly over the twin headboard. I grabbed one for each bed. When you see stuff like that, just snatch it up ad think about it later. You can always return it if you change your mind…but you’ll be sad if you don’t get it and then when you decide you want another one they are all gone. Trust me. That is how to shop HomeGoods because stuff moves SO fast!
I get SO many questions about these beds. They are a killer deal and look JUST like the restoration hardware versions that are WAY more expensive. They are actually a bronze (just like the RH ones), which is a dark brown, but they basically look black.
You can see that with just a couple of cute and cheerful Christmas decorating ideas you can transform a whole room in no time.
Thank you so much for visiting. I hope you will come back often for inspiration and ideas. Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration. Also, be sure to check out our design gallery for all kinds of design ideas.
Don’t miss our Christmas living room decor ideas here, and you can check out our Christmas Kitchen here , our family room all dressed up for the holidays here, and last but not least, our Christmas dining room here.
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party