As it gets closer to Christmas, I am starting to get a bit sad about having to start to take down the Christmas decorations in under a week. Yesterday I realized that I never shared my easy Christmas entry way decor ideas this year. I wanted to put together something SUPER easy and pretty in the entry way this Christmas, no fuss, just simple and pretty. With the living room decor in blush and blues, I needed to stick with that color scheme since the living room is open to the entry.
I opted for a simple cedar garland tied with the same blush ribbon I used on the tree in the living room running up the staircase, and a few pretty things on the entry way table, and that’s it! 🙂 (Have you seen my tips on hanging a garland?) I like to pick these garlands up at Trader Joe’s. They have 6 foot garlands for about $8. This year I saw them at Costco too…25ft for $18…which is GREAT! Next year I may try those, although I think it might be easier to hang three smaller garlands rather than one giant one! 😉
I love these simple bows. If I had had more ribbon left over, I think it also would have been pretty to do a really drapey bow and let the tails hang down to the ground for a little more drama…maybe next year. 😉
I kept it simple on the entry way table too. I used a neutral woven basket for texture, added one of my new favorite fake trees wrapped in burlap, and found an *almost blush* poinsettia to put in a bucket. THe white stag head is a favorite find from HomeGoods a couple of years ago. I had a few juniper sprigs and so I added those to this cool star candle holder I have and put it on the floor. I should have added more to the floor…but oh well. 😉 I wanted to do olive buckets of greens, but I ran out. Next year. 🙂
I love the peek you get of the living room behind the garland draped staircase. It is one of my favorite views this Christmas. I think fresh greens just make everything gorgeous in an instant. They are so simple and beautiful. Yes, they dry out, but one of the reasons I love to use cedar is that it keeps it’s shape and color wonderfully for many weeks. It won’t be quite as vibrant as when it is fresh, but it is still pretty.
I hope you are inspired by these super simple Christmas entry way decor ideas. Thank you so much for visiting. I hope you will come back often. Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration. Also, be sure to check out our design gallery for all kinds of design ideas.
Don’t miss our Christmas living room decor ideas here, and you can check out our Christmas Kitchen here , our family room all dressed up for the holidays here, and last but not least, our Christmas dining room here.
Have a wonderful day!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party