A trip up the California coast is always a good idea, and when there is a cute boutique hotel like The Hotel Carmel to stop and relax at, it’s an even better idea. A mix of modern and cottage architecture, 27 guest rooms some with fireplaces, others with views of the hotel’s intimate courtyard. Relax on your balcony and enjoy the ocean breezes. My favorite spot? The cute little lobby living room where breakfast is served each morning. This quaint little place is going on my list of Destination Design locations that I need to visit!
What a fun and relaxing looking hotel. I am loving all of these hotel/motel conversions and renovations. It’s great to take something that is out dated and long in the tooth and make it new and current again. Carmel is a pretty little city with great shopping and dining, and I can’t wait to return! You can bring a little of the look of the Hotel Carmel home with you:
Looking for more Destination Design? Take a look at these great places:
The Goodland Kimpton Hotel in Santa Barbara
Planning a vacation? Check out our travel gallery. Join me on facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for tons of entertaining, decorating and DIY ideas. Oh, and don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss anything!
Do you have a hotel, restaurant, shop or some other destination you think I should check out for Destination Design? Let me know about it in the comments, or send me an email at email@example.com I am always on the hunt!
Have a great day!
- 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge : A Beautiful Place to Stay in NYC
- Traveling to Dijon France : Dijon Hotels, Mustard & More
- Verona, Italy Travel Guide: Where to Eat, Stay and Things to Do in Verona, Italy
- The BEST Christmas Lights in London
- 1 Hotel West Hollywood Review : A Weekend Getaway
- Organizing Tips for Traveling with Kids
- La Petite Venise : Visit Colmar Alsace France
- Biltmore Hotel Arizona : Phoenix Family Vacation
- Visitor Oyster Cards : Tips for Getting Around London
- The Sound of Music : Which Tour is the best in Salzburg? An Inside look at the Panorama Sound of Music Tours
- Amsterdam : Tour a Traditional Canal House : Our Stay on the Keizersgracht Canal
- Things to Do in London: Afternoon Tea at the Orangery at Kensington Palace
- Things to See in London : One Day Walking Tour
- The Best View in Paris: The Arc De Triomphe
- How to Stay Connected While Traveling in Europe
- One Fine Stay : What it's like to rent a vacation apartment in London