I can’t get enough of washi tape lately. This past May I had the opportunity to visit the Anthropologie store at Chelsea Market in New York. They were doing a big Washi Tape event and had decorated most of the store (floors, walls, tables etc.) in Washi tape patterns. It was quite the sight to see. While I probably wouldn’t use it as wallpaper…although I know better than to say never ;)….I will use it for just about everything else. 😉 These cute DIY Washi Tape Feathers were inspired by that recent trip. With Thanksgiving on the way, I was in the mood to create something fun and fall-ish. If you’ve followed me for a while, you know I am all about cute, chic and EASY. So, these feathers fall into those categories.
White Cardstock (I use 110lb from walmart)
Washi Tape (in patterns and colors that you want your feathers to be)
Feather pattern DOWNLOAD HERE:
1. Cut out feather patterns
2. tear off strips of washi tape and place them on the cardstock in the pattern you want them to appear on your feather.
3. trace a feather onto the washi tape
4. Cut out the feather
5. Repeat with various feather patterns and washi tape patterns that you create.
To make a feather without a pattern (like I did with the solid purple feather), you can do the following:
Place strips of washi tape on your cardstock. Cut around the pieces of tape into a feather shape.Using your scissors, snip little diagonal slits all the way around the edge on both sides of the feather. Don’t worry if they’re not all spaced out exactly the same. When you’re done snipping, using your finger, gently rub down the feather in the opposite direction to ruffle your feather a little. If you’d like to have a few gaps in your feathers, carefully snip out a few little bits or even just snip the corners off a couple of the edges, as much or as little as you like.
To add a little extra shimmer to mine, I glittered the tops of a couple of the feathers. Easy to do with a bit of Elmer’s glue and some Martha Stewart glitter. These would all look so fun strung up on a garland!
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- Designer's Favorite Blue Paint Colors for Your Home
- Galentine's Day Ideas : Galentine, Will You Accept This Rose? Free Printable
- Spooky Hospital Themed Party for Halloween
- Mint Green Baby Shower and Party Ideas
- Put a Ring on It Valentine | Free Printable Valentine for Kids and Tweens
- 11 Valentine Party Themes for Kids: Valentine Card Party
- DIY Teacher Christmas Gift Idea and Free Printable
- DIY Coasters : Perfect for Game Night and Gifts
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Free Printable Valentine: You Drive Me Wild Valentine
- DIY: How to Make Paper Rosettes
- St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Pancakes