I can’t get enough of washi tape lately. This past May I had the opportunity to visit the Anthropologie store at Chelsea Market in New York. They were doing a big Washi Tape event and had decorated most of the store (floors, walls, tables etc.) in Washi tape patterns. It was quite the sight to see. While I probably wouldn’t use it as wallpaper…although I know better than to say never ;)….I will use it for just about everything else. 😉 These cute DIY Washi Tape Feathers were inspired by that recent trip. With Thanksgiving on the way, I was in the mood to create something fun and fall-ish. If you’ve followed me for a while, you know I am all about cute, chic and EASY. So, these feathers fall into those categories.
White Cardstock (I use 110lb from walmart)
Washi Tape (in patterns and colors that you want your feathers to be)
Feather pattern DOWNLOAD HERE:
Washi Tape Feather Pattern Pink Peppermint Design
1. Cut out feather patterns
2. tear off strips of washi tape and place them on the cardstock in the pattern you want them to appear on your feather.
3. trace a feather onto the washi tape
4. Cut out the feather
5. Repeat with various feather patterns and washi tape patterns that you create.
To make a feather without a pattern (like I did with the solid purple feather), you can do the following:
Place strips of washi tape on your cardstock. Cut around the pieces of tape into a feather shape.Using your scissors, snip little diagonal slits all the way around the edge on both sides of the feather. Don’t worry if they’re not all spaced out exactly the same. When you’re done snipping, using your finger, gently rub down the feather in the opposite direction to ruffle your feather a little. If you’d like to have a few gaps in your feathers, carefully snip out a few little bits or even just snip the corners off a couple of the edges, as much or as little as you like.
To add a little extra shimmer to mine, I glittered the tops of a couple of the feathers. Easy to do with a bit of Elmer’s glue and some Martha Stewart glitter. These would all look so fun strung up on a garland!
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Christmas Home Decorating Ideas - Home Tour
- 15 Beautiful Christmas Room Ideas : Our Christmas Bedroom Decor
- Cupcake Toppers Ideas : DIY Pom Pom Cupcake Toppers
- 19 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
- Easy DIY Spider Wreath for Halloween
- Colorful Halloween Party Candy Buffet Ideas
- School Party Ideas End of Year Breakfast Party (Back to School too!)
- Graduation Party Ideas : Follow Your Dreams
- DIY Cupcake Toppers and Feather Party Food Picks
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- German Glass Glitter DIY Monogram Ornaments
- Interior Design: Teen Girl Bedroom Make Over
15 thoughts on “DIY Washi Tape Feathers a Cute Fall Craft”
Love it! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!
creativejewishmom/sara recently posted…Welcome to Craft Schooling Sunday!
These are adorable! They would be great as gift tags for birthday presents. Thanks for the awesome printable design.
You are so welcome Marie! I hope you enjoy them! 🙂
These are so cute! I love this idea – simple and really easy DIY but looks amazing. Totally pinning!
Thanks for sharing with us on the Family Joy Blog Link Party!
Keys to Inspiration
Thank you so much Christene! They are So easy and fun! I hope you get a chance to make some! 🙂
Very cute idea, I can see these as lovely gift toppers for the holidays. I hope you will share with us at The Crafty Corner link party. Thank you for the inspiration.
Antonella | White House Crafts recently posted…THE CRAFTY CORNER LINK PARTY #5
Thank you Antonella! I use these for gift toppers all the time…they are so fun to make!
Have a wonderful day!
SO CUTE! I love your blog!! You have awesome crafts – thanks for sharing xoxo, peaches+salt blog
Thank you so much for your sweet comment Madalyn! Have a wonderful day!
These are so cute! I love the washi tape feathers!
Thank you so much Johanna!
I hope you get a chance to make some, they are super fun! 🙂
Have a great day!
What a clever DIY project you’ve shared – I can’t wait to use this to illustrate my Bible Journaling!
Congrats – you are one of our Featured Guests at this week’s Inspire Me Monday Party at Create With Joy! 🙂
Thank you so much! What a fun surprise! 🙂
Have a wonderful day!