If you’re looking for a super cute and easy DIY for your next party or get together, this is it! The best part? You don’t even have to break out the cake pans. 😉 There are SO many fun colors of candy melts available these days, you can make this cake to match any party in minutes. I made one for the Oh Joy for Target shoot a few months ago, as well as for a little party I did for my daughter a few years back.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Store bought cake iced with white icing (or homemade if you’re feeling ambitious. ;))
Candy melts (in colors that match your party)
There is really only one trick to making this cake…add the polka dots right after you pick the cake up from the bakery…don’t wait. For some reason, the icing is more malleable when the cake is first made, so the polka dots adhere to the icing better. Oh, and one more tip…on each candy melt there is a very flat side and a side that has a little point to it.
You want to put the candy melts on the cake pointy side down so that the nice flat side is what you see. Simply place candy melts around the cake wherever you would like there to be a polka dot and you’re all set!
Is that easy or what?
Have a great day!
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Hang a Picture Perfectly by Yourself : A Foolproof Guide
- Designer's Favorite Blue Paint Colors for Your Home
- Galentine's Day Ideas : Galentine, Will You Accept This Rose? Free Printable
- Easy Cake Topper Ideas: Hollywood Cake Topper
- Tacky Christmas Party Ideas : Ugly Sweater Party
- Free St. Patrick's Day Printables : Taste the Rainbow
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Free Printable Valentine: You Drive Me Wild Valentine
- Washi Tape Christmas Tree Cute DIY Cake Topper
- DIY Felted Garland Tutorial
- DIY Closet Organization and Outfit Look Book
- DIY Washi Tape Feathers a Cute Fall Craft
- DIY: Super Cute and Easy 2 Step Gold Polka Dot Party Drink Bottles