Strawberries are in season and nothing says summer like a sweet strawberry shortcake. It doesn’t get any easier than this strawberry shortcake recipe. I am a fan of homemade whipped cream, so I did use that for this shortcake recipe, but if you are afraid of making cream from scratch or running short on time, don’t be afraid to use some cool whip or cream in a can.
Here’s what you’ll need for this sweet treat:
2 tsp white sugar
Slice up your strawberries and place in a large bowl and add the sugar to the strawberries. Stir them together and set them aside to let them soften and sweeten. The sugar will draw the juice from the berries a bit too.
Slice your donuts in half
Place the bottom half of your donut on the plate, top it with berries, then add your cream. Place the top of the donut on top of the cream and add your sprinkles.
Doesn’t that look festive? It is the perfect dessert for all of your summer parties, especially patriotic parties, and it is SO easy! This strawberry shortcake will seriously be a hit with your guests and allow you to enjoy the party with them.
LOVE THESE PATRIOTIC PARTY SUPPLIES:
Have a great day!
- Delicious Soft & Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookie Recipe
- How to Make Delicious Baked Cinnamon Sugar Apple Slices
- Easy Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies
- Thanksgiving Recipes : Our Favorite Pumpkin Thanksgiving Dessert
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Easy kid friendly Halloween treats : Ghost Cupcakes
- 16 Amazing Fall Apple Recipes : Cinnamon Spiced Apple Strudel Sundae
- Colorful Halloween Party Candy Buffet Ideas
- Beach Theme Cookies : DIY Clam Cookies
- Easy Entertaining with Beautiful Plates and Semi-Homemade Christmas Desserts
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Recipe for Easy and Delicious Taco Salad with a Twist
- Perfect Cinnamon Roll Recipe : Quick Bread Cinnamon Rolls
- Football Party Food: Great Guacamole Recipe