I can’t believe it’s already November! Before we know it 2017 will be here and fall will be a distant memory. Spice up your calendar this season and host a fall party with these 5 tips for easy fall entertaining.
(affiliate links are provided for your convenience)
- Take the party outside: When you move the mess outdoors, cleanup is a breeze. Fall entertaining outdoors is festive- (think string lights and candles) and unexpected. In most parts of the country it’s still warm enough to put on a jacket and enjoy the nice evenings before the chilly winter months. The weather can be a bit of a gamble, and the chill can set in, so be prepared with cozy throws for guests to wrap themselves in as they toast to autumn.
- Don’t be afraid to mix the season’s warm colors and cozy patterns. Oranges and yellows always look welcoming and are evocative of warmth and remind me of the warm summer sun. Pair them with a pretty blue and you have a winning color palette. There is an easy, no-fail trick to mixing patterns. Pick one large scale pattern, check out the pretty pattern on that blue plate for a good example, then choose one color from your large pattern (like the pretty orange) and incorporate a small print in that color. See how I pulled those printed orange napkins in with the patterned plates? It’s that easy to look like a pattern-mixing pro!
- Centerpieces and fall entertaining decor don’t have to be fussy. Fall is all about celebrating the bounty of the season, so arrangements and large bowls that include seasonal vegetables, flowers and herbs are easy to put together and look amazing. Beets, yellow sunflowers, purple artichokes and rosemary are readily available this time of year and look beautiful in arrangements. Mix in a pumpkin or two for a great pop of orange and you are all set!
4. Incorporate a few fun fall entertaining themed serving pieces into your dinnerware collection. There are SO many cute salad plates and serve ware on the market this time of year! Serve finger foods on leaf-shaped appetizer plates or soup in pumpkin shaped tureens. These fun touches really make your party stand out. I like to invest in a great set of white dishes because white goes with everything. Then, when you want to make your white dishes look more exciting for a holiday, you can mix in a patterned salad plate or fun serving dish and you have a totally different looking, seasonal place setting. You will use them year after year and they won’t break the bank.
- Serve food buffet style and if you feel comfortable, invite guests to bring a dish to share. Pot luck style makes your life easier and it gives you a chance to enjoy yummy dishes and find new favorite recipes. You can set a theme for your pot luck too. You can provide the main dish and then have everyone bring their favorite side dish. You might find a few you want to serve at your own Thanksgiving. This makes hosting party much more affordable too because you aren’t on the hook for all the food costs. Keep drinks accessible for your guests by setting up a drink station serving warm cider and seasonal beverages. By making food and drinks available for guests to serve themselves, it allows you to mingle and enjoy your evening instead of hiding in the kitchen all night. And, clean up is made easier when everyone takes their dish home!
With just these 5 tips, fall entertaining becomes easier than ever! Enjoy celebrating the season. Do you have any fall entertaining tips to share? Tips and tricks you have learned that make fall entertaining easier? Share your ideas in the comments! You can find many more of our party ideas in our entertaining gallery here.
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- How to Make a Pretty Flower Arrangement with Grocery Store Flowers
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- DIY Doormat : Welcome Mat Ideas
- Funny Printable Valentine's Day Cards for Kids
- Colorful Halloween Party Candy Buffet Ideas
- Spooky Hospital Themed Party for Halloween
- School Party Ideas End of Year Breakfast Party (Back to School too!)
- Christmas Party Ideas : Girls Night In
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Cute ideas for a DIY Valentine Carnival Party
- How to Create a Cheese Plate : An Easy and Beautiful Appetizer
- DIY: St. Patrick's Day Candy Pops
1 thought on “Fall Entertaining: 5 Tips for Hosting a Party”
Lovely, thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!
creativejewishmom/sara recently posted…Welcome to Craft Schooling Sunday!