Ah! October is almost here so I am officially all in for Halloween. I was actually in Halloween mode several weeks ago…but I’ve been trying to hold off and not make you feel overwhelmed here on the blog. 😉 I don’t want anyone to feel rushed to jump into the holidays…but boy am I ready!! Woohoo!! Free Halloween tags and printables are always such a hit this time of year, I thought I would share a quick and easy Halloween cupcake idea that is super adorable, along with these fun, free Halloween cupcake toppers that you can download over in our printable library. I think these are too cute…I hope you do too!
How to Make Bone Appetit Halloween Cupcakes
I love a good play on words, so I am definitely getting a kick out of “bone” appetit, in place of “bon appetit” . I mean, it’s just too easy! 😉 Fortunately, so are these fun Halloween cupcakes! 😉
Bake up your favorite cupcake recipe…boxed, homemade…it doesn’t matter. In fact, you can even have your local grocery store bakery whip some up for you, just asked for them unfrosted…did you know you can do that? It’s one of my favorite time savers! 😉 I found these adorable bone shaped sprinkles at Hobby Lobby in their Halloween section and I just knew they would be the perfect thing to go with our Halloween cupcake toppers. Here are some bone shaped sprinkles that are exactly like the ones used in this post if you can’t find them at HL.
Remove the section of cupcake, keeping it in tact, because you will need to replace it in a minute.
Fill the hole with your bone shaped sprinkles.
Replace the portion of the cupcake you removed from the hole, on top of the sprinkles. You may need to trim some of the cake off in order for it to fit back into the cupcake.
Frost your cake. I like to use this buttercream recipe, these paste frosting colors, and these large frosting tips. I use them SO much. It is the easiest way to frost a cupcake and it looks pretty professional if you ask me. Move over Albertsons. 😉
Add one of our free printable Halloween Bone Appetit cupcake toppers and you’re all set! I added my toppers to straws like these instead of traditional white lollipop sticks just to make them even a little more fun for Halloween.
It’s so fun to watch people eat these Halloween cupcakes when they have no idea they are filled!
Those little bones remind me of the ones from the game Operation. I used to LOVE that game when I was little. Did you ever play?
We have TONS of free Halloween Printables and DIY Halloween Ideas for you here on the site! Here’s a sampling of some of the most popular.
Looking for more fun DIY Crafts and printables? You can find TONS of fun Halloween ideas in our Halloween DIY Gallery.
I hope these fun halloween cupcake ideas and free printable halloween cupcake toppers have you all excited for the season!
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Hang a Picture Perfectly by Yourself : A Foolproof Guide
- Adorable Free Printable Halloween Tags for Booing Friends and Neighbors : Booyah!
- Disney Gifts for Mom : Awesome Gifts for Disney Lovers
- 17 Awesome Winter Party Ideas: Ski Party Themes
- 27 Gorgeous Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Enchanted Halloween Decorating Ideas With Balsam Hill
- Free St. Patrick's Day Printables : Taste the Rainbow
- 11 Valentine Party Themes for Kids: Valentine Card Party
- Christmas Party Ideas : Girls Night In
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Make these Easy Red Valentine Heart Pancakes
- Party Hearty Valentine: Free Printable Valentine Candy Free
- DIY Closet Organization and Outfit Look Book