Happy New Year! I hope you all had a wonderful and safe NYE. We had a little shindig around here after a last minute trip to Party City yesterday, I couldn’t resist. We’ve all been sick this Christmas break, so it felt good to do something fun! Here’s a little glimpse of our Black and White with pops of gold and pink New Year’s party! 🙂 And, if you’re interested in re-creating the mantle look…there are free printables for you that will work for all your New Year’s parties in the future. I was inspired by the idea of clocks all over the mantel…something I had seen Martha Stewart do years ago, but I couldn’t justify buying a bunch of random clocks for one night…so, I just created number printables, and clock face printables, framed them in frames I already had around the house, and clustered them all together. I think it turned out pretty cute…hopefully you do too! 🙂
A few roses ($4.99 for 10 at Trader Joes) in pink really brought great color and life to the black and white palette. I used the $5 Pink Peppermint Prints Happy New Year Banner from our Etsy Shop.
Ash helped me make up a few more of the glittered bottles from this tutorial. She wanted to make some pink ones too…and I love the way they turned out!
Do you recognize that DIY gold polka dot garland? So easy to make and you can use it for anything…it’s perfect for your New Year’s party!
I put the free printable midnight kisses tags to good use…
Ash had fun decorating with all of the hats and party blowers. We used the abstract gold foil vase/jar that I made awhile back to hold the noise makers.
Mr. elk head even got dressed up for the occasion. His paper polka do bow tie was the perfect accessory. 😉 I seriously love dressing him up…can you tell?;)
It was such a fun and low key night with great friends. Because we had gone out for Mexican food (our annual NYE tradition with the kids) we didn’t need a ton of food, I made a simple cheese platter , served some fruit and drinks and had a DIY ice cream sundae bar that the kids LOVED. Friends brought yummy caramel corn and cookies and we were all set. 🙂
Here are a few other fun New Year’s party ideas and free printables:
Happy New Year!!
- Summer Home Tour : Our Summer Bedroom Design
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- OC Ranch Reno Kitchen Remodel Before & After
- Midway Modern Farmhouse Kid's Bunk Room Remodel Before & After
- New Project: Introducing the Alumni House
- Our Fall Living Room Decor Tour
- 15 Beautiful Christmas Room Ideas : Our Christmas Bedroom Decor
- 20 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Settings : Simple Thanksgiving Table Decorations
- Free St. Patrick's Day Printables : Taste the Rainbow
- Galentine's Valentine's Day Brunch Party
- Meaningful Spaces Christmas Decor Home Tour
- Paint Your Own Pottery : DIY Painted Ceramic Planter
- Washi Tape Christmas Tree Cute DIY Cake Topper
- Interior Design: Painting Kitchen Cabinets Light and Bright: A Kitchen Remodel
- Cute and Easy Felt and Canvas Shamrock Pennant Banner
- DIY: How to Make a Felt Circle Garland