Ever since I shared my Christmas bedroom decor ideas last week I have gotten a few questions about how to decorate your bedroom for Christmas specifically for teenage girls. Believe me, I have a teenage girl and I know all about how much they want to decorate everything and personalize their space. She is the first one to want to break out the Christmas decor in November and is always looking for ways to decorate her own room and make it feel festive. I like to be able to let her decorate her bedroom for Christmas without spending a fortune, so I thought I would share how she put together her Christmas bedroom decor this year and see if I can help you see how to decorate your bedroom for Christmas without breaking the bank.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
For me, decorating our bedrooms for Christmas doesn’t really mean purchasing a whole lot of new things. When I let Ashley decorate her room for Christmas we hit the dollar bins at Target first! She likes to save up her babysitting money and add a bit to the budget that I give her and then she goes to town. This year she picked up these adorable little wood houses…
Aren’t they cute? They came in a set in the dollar bin for $5 dollars. They were the perfect touch to add to her nightstand.
Next up she grabbed a few of these bottle brush trees…
I love the colors that she chose and the mix of sizes.
These snowflakes were a find that we thought complimented her bedroom perfectly. They were a bit of a splurge at about $15 on sale, but these can be made as a DIY super easily too! She makes some super cool ones that she learned how to do in school. Here’s a great video tutorial if you want to make your own.
I loved hanging them in 3’s just in the corner of her room…over the nightstand. it makes a great focal point. We added some cedar branches in a vase and of course some string lights…I mean what teen girl doesn’t have string lights in her room year round, right? So those were a must! 😉
It really didn’t take much to get this bedroom all decorated for Christmas and looking festive! If you are wondering how to decorate your bedroom for Christmas, I hope this shows you that a few, simple, inexpensive decor ideas can go a long way! It’s amazing how just adding some fresh greens and a few lights instantly transform a room into a holiday oasis! 🙂
It was easy to add a few accessories to her usual everyday accessories on her dresser.
After Christmas it’s an easy clean up too! And the snowflakes can stay for the rest of winter. 😉
You can shop our Ashley’s bedroom here. Just click on any image for more information about the product. If you are looking for her dresser or nightstand, they can be found here.
You can see more of our house all decked out for Christmas this year here, and did you catch our master bedroom here?
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter and get access to our entire library of over 50 free printables. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.
And if you’re looking for more Christmas ideas, check out our Christmas Design gallery.
Have a great day!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party