With the Big Game coming up on Sunday it’s time to prep for parties with a few easy DIY handmade decorations. These simple felt pennant flags are SO easy and make great decorations and fun favors for your guests after the game. You can make them in any colors to match your favorite team, or a fun variety to add color to your party table. 🙂 I made a few that are on dowels, and a few without so that I can string them up on a garland with some twine and mini clothespins.
Here’s what you’ll need for this project:
Felt in the colors you would like your pennants to be
A glue gun
Using the template, cut out one complete pennant, and cut the other pennant template into parts separating the blue/orange pieces. Using the complete pennant, cut out the base color of your flag, and the little v pieces from the same color. Using the cut orange piece from the second template, cut out a complimentary color strip of felt for your flag.
Hot glue the contrasting color strip of felt to your base color, then hot glue the little v pieces to the back of the flag. If you want your flag on a dowel, hot glue along the back edge and attach a dowel.
Is that easy or what? I made about 10 of these in under an hour. Once you get started you can crank out these DIY felt pennants in no time and have them ready for your party this weekend. If you don’t feel like making felt pennants, you can simply purchase, print and cut our paper pennants here for a garland and cupcake toppers. They look so cute in this party set up…
If you’d like the backdrop, you can find it here: Football Play Printable Backdrop
Looking for more great football party ideas? You can find some of our other favorites here:
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Hang a Picture Perfectly by Yourself : A Foolproof Guide
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- 27 Gorgeous Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Cute DIY Halloween Movie Night Party Ideas
- Graduation Party Ideas : Follow Your Dreams
- Valentine's Day Fondue Date Night
- DIY Gift Card Holder : Cute Santa Gift Card Bag Idea
- DIY Teacher Christmas Gift Idea and Free Printable
- Christmas Party Ideas : Girls Night In
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- DIY Coasters : Perfect for Game Night and Gifts
- Washi Tape Christmas Tree Cute DIY Cake Topper
- DIY: How to Make a Felt Circle Garland