Light and bright are the words I would use to describe this fun living room project. I still want to add a few touches…a couple of pieces of art and a lamp…but I couldn’t wait to share!
With the large piano in this small room, we went with this smaller scale coffee table from Ballard Designs to allow for good traffic flow around the room and to the couches. It looks like this one is currently out of stock, but here is the rectangular version: coffee table. I actually have the same rectangular coffee table in my home and I love it. It’s durable and beautiful. There will be many, many hours spent in this room listening to littles practice the piano, so it needed to be a functional space too. We also picked up these cute side tables at Ballard Designs. They come in a larger 30 inch size too if you are working with a larger space.
How cute is that little “Hello” word object? It makes the perfect little dose of cheer to this room that is the first thing guests see when they enter. The geometric patterned box on top of the books is a great catch all for little treasures.
Blue accents help bring out the blue design on the drapes. Several of the pillows are from Target. The fun of having neutral couches, is that you can always change up the colors on your pillows to update the room. This embroidered dots pillow is one of my faves. Here are a few of my other favorites that are in stock right now at Target… Patterned Decorative Pillow, Bandana Print Pillow.
Those blue glass lamps are stunners. My client and I were shopping months ago and found them. At that point we hadn’t even talked about living room design, but I knew these needed to go in there…so we purchased them and held on to them for a few months. So glad we did! 🙂 Here are some similar lamps if you’re in the market…Glass table lamp, Colored glass table lamp (these guys are on a great sale right now!)
I rounded up accessories from West Elm, HomeGoods, Crate and Barrel and Target to round out the room. I love the gold candlestick holders (small, medium, large) without any candles in them. They are interesting sculptural pieces and mimic the drum table next to the love seat. Do you want to know a secret about that drum table? My client loved a smaller, much more expensive version of a VERY similar table. Well, I was out shopping for accessories and stumbled on this amazing pot in the garden section of HomeGoods. I stood in the store and thought hmmm…flipped upside down that would look just like the expensive table only for 1/6th of the price! So I took it home, and it was perfect! I love HomeGoods exactly for reasons like that. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box and use products that are intended for one purpose in a way that is even more spectacular!
This was such a fun project! Up next…the dining room! 🙂
You can check out our Interior Design Gallery for more ideas.
Oh, and don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss anything!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party