With kids back in school, and the holidays on the horizon, the natural urge to purge and organize kicks in. I you’re looking for an inexpensive and stylish way to add more storage space and organization to your home, baskets may be the answer you’ve been looking for.
Baskets in the Kitchen
Baskets on a kitchen counter can collect mail, frequently used spices and kitchen gadgets, and give otherwise cluttered looking counters a stylishly organized feel. Use flat baskets to anchor countertop collections like these cute plants.
Baskets become cute and clever storage for fruits and vegetables when added to an island or pantry. Don’t know what to do with overhead cabinet space? Add lined baskets to hold rarely used, but hard to part with kitchen gadgets, linens and such.
Baskets in the Entryway
Without a doubt, the entryway becomes a catchall for shoes, jackets, umbrellas, blankets, and keys. Easily corral loose items and encourage kids and adults alike to store their shoes and such with large baskets stored under a console. Big baskets maintain an open, airy look, while staying polished and don’t require a lot of organization.
via Smart Furniture
By creating an instant drop zone, it’s easy to keep the entryway neat and organized. Add baskets for shoes under a bench to create an instant mini-mudroom.
Baskets for Bathroom Storage
If your bathroom lacks storage options, use colorful baskets behind the toilet, under sinks and on counters to add storage and decoration. Wire baskets used to store extra towels, toilet paper and magazines make them easy to see, while maintaining an organized look.
Baskets are a great way to add color, texture and style to any space. The best part is that they are inexpensive and readily available, so as trends change, you can switch them out to quickly and easily update any space. Here are some of my current favorites…
Check out our Interior Design Gallery for more decorating ideas too!
Oh, and don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss anything!
- The Biggest and BEST Cyber Monday Deals
- Baby, It's Cold Outside! Cute Winter fashion with Walmart
- Serena and Lily Thank You Sale Event
- Unique Gifts for Cooks from Amazon
- Summer Home Tour : Our Summer Bedroom Design
- Summer Guest Room Design Ideas
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- 17 Awesome Winter Party Ideas: Ski Party Themes
- 31 Dazzling Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- Kitchen Remodel Update on the 1987 Fixer Upper
- The Best Halloween Costumes and Deals for the Family
- Modern Spider Themed Halloween Party
- Master Bedroom Ideas : Home Decor
- The Moody Blues... a Blue Mantel Re-do with Chinese Urns