Each year at this time, as much as I love the fresh start, it also calls attention to the fact that my kids are getting older and the time just keeps slipping away faster and faster! Many of you know that my journey as a blogger started out in the papercrafting/scrapbooking industry. Even though I rarely find time to actually scrapbook anymore these days, I like to find other ways to capture and save all those memories especially with and for my kids. Every Monday night we have Family Night in our house. We make sure and eat dinner together, read scriptures, have game night…do something fun together that is uninterrupted by video games, phone calls, TV etc. It’s a great chance for us to chat, play and just have plain old good fashioned fun together. This week for family night we made our 2015 Family Time Capsule. There are lots of fun time capsule ideas out there, with this one the concept is simple…a jar or box that you start at the beginning of the year that sits out where it is accessible to everyone. All throughout the year family members fill it with ticket stubs, pictures and momentos of the happenings throughout the year. I also like to have the kids fill out little “about me” sheet with all their favorites, goals for the year etc. I’m terrible about journaling, but this gives us a fun way to remember much of what we do throughout the year and it is super easy…often times as easy as cleaning out your pockets or purse! 😉
I found this super cute jar at HomeGoods for well under $10. I prefer to use a jar instead of a box because I like that you can see through it. I feel like it helps us to remember to fill it more often. At the end of the year it’s fun to go through the time capsule together and remember all of the things you have done and accomplished together. If you’d like this year’s free printable All About Me sheet you can download it here:
Pink Peppermint Design Free Printable Time Capsule Sheets 2015
I hope you are feeling inspired to capture the memories you make in 2015 with your family!
Have a great day!
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas for Kids (and everyone else)
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- Cupcake Toppers Ideas : DIY Pom Pom Cupcake Toppers
- Tacky Christmas Party Ideas : Ugly Sweater Party
- Beach Theme Cookies : DIY Clam Cookies
- Valentine's Day Fondue Date Night
- DIY Valentines : Eye Like You Valentine
- Make this Easy and Cute Valentine Pink and Red DIY Candy Gift Box
- DIY Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids- How to make Glittered Turkeys with Fall Leaves
- DIY Felted Garland Tutorial
- German Glass Glitter DIY Monogram Ornaments
- FREEBIE: You're a Tweet Heart, Valentine Free Printable Valentine Card/Tag