It’s been a few weeks since I gave you guys an update on the Midway Modern Farmhouse and whoa! Things are happening fast! We are actually set for completion here in the next week to 10 days…I can hardly believe I am saying that! After almost a year of thinking about, dreaming about and designing this project, to see it come to life is just SO exciting. I can hardly wait to get her all styled and primped and ready for her close up. Even more importantly, I can’t wait for the wonderful family that has been anxious to get settled in to get a chance to start making memories here all together!
The real jewelry started going in late last week. The modern farmhouse kitchen lighting is going to knock your socks off. It’s classic mixed with sleek modern lines and oh, so pretty! Here’s a peek at the chandelier over the table…
SO pretty, right? And these pendants over the island are up next for installation.
The front doors went in an oh. my. goodness. what a transformation! Let’s remind ourselves just what this farmhouse front door used to look like, shall we? 😉
How is this for a transformation?
I can’t stop staring! It is too gorgeous!
A few other pretty details that are going in right now…
these incredible bathroom fixtures:
this powder bath is going to be one of my favorite rooms, I can tell you that already. I always think it’s funny that powder rooms are often people’s favorites, and I think it’s because they are one of the few spaces in the house where we all feel it’s a little safer to be wild and let our true design personalities show. Maybe we need to take that as a hint and be a little braver in the rest of the house, what do you think? 😉
The dark shiplap in here with the taupe cabinets, brass accents and plaid tile = YUM! A sneak at this incredible tile…it’s a blurry image, but you can get the idea…
The master bathroom is getting ready too:
Love, love, love all the black touches in here. This spa-like space is going to be such a retreat! We used the same tile in this shower as I have here in the 1987 Fixer Upper master bathroom. I love it!
Isn’t that exciting?! I am busy getting all the finishing decor touches together this week so we can be ready for install and move in by Thanksgiving. Woohoo!
Cabinet hardware is going in today…we’re going brass (you can check out some of my favorite hardware here) and that will make a HUGE difference in the look of the kitchen and all the cabinets. I can’t wait to see it!
Be sure to check out the other Midway Modern Farmhouse remodel updates:
I can’t wait to share more updates on this Midway Modern Farmhouse with you now that things are really on the move. You can find our most up to date home tour here, and all the posts on our remodel here to see just how far this house has come to get an idea of just how dramatic the changes with this Modern Farmhouse will be too!
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter and get access to our entire library of over 50 free printables. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party