I’ve been working on a kitchen remodel and I was able to go and put the finishing touches on it recently…probably my favorite part because it involves all the accessories…like the jewelry for the kitchen. 😉 It’s a chance to bring in the color, the texture and dress it up a bit. Here’s a sneak at some of my latest favorite kitchen accessories.
Fresh flowers…there is nothing like them. No need to spend a fortune, just grab a $5 seasonal bunch from your local grocery store to add an instant facelift to your counters…or any space really!
Cute Cookbooks..such a great way to add color and whimsy to your kitchen. Look for colorful spines since they will be what’s on display. I love anything by Barefoot Contessa not only are her recipes fantastic, but the books are pretty this one has a great orange spine, love the lime green of this one. Giada has some great recipes too. Mix in this blue for a fun pop of color. I love cutie pies and party appetizers too.
Fun bottles like the San Pellegrino bottles, lemonade bottles, sparkling cider…etc. The shapes on these are so fun and the color is great too.
Fresh fruit, basil and houseplants give the room life. Put them in pretty pottery and bowls. Think outside the regular pots. Re-purpose canisters, cereal bowls and candle holders. I love these kitchen canisters from Anthropologie, and I just picked this one up at Cost Plus.
Kitchen towels are a cheap and easy way to add texture, and because they are SO inexpensive, you can change them frequently. Stick with a stripe like these black and white ones for a more classic look.
Lean cutting boards in fun shapes and varying sizes up against the backsplash. They are handy when you need them, and the natural wood adds an earthy, homey touch. I like to use at least 2-3. You can add a little extra personality with fun shapes too. How about this adorable pig? So cute! Cheese boards are pretty shapes too.
I found fun plates and straws at Target. Don’t be afraid to buy melamine so you can find them cheaper and replace them often. These days the melamine looks like ceramic!
You should have a great start with collection!
Check out our Interior Design Gallery for more great design tips, inspiration and ideas. Come join me on facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for tons of entertaining, decorating and DIY ideas. Oh, and don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss anything!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party