Our New Year’s Eve parties are always a family affair. We have some dear family friends that we celebrate with every year…bowling, dinner and then festivities at home with games, more food and fun. Because we always involve the kiddos, all of our New Year’s Eve party ideas are kid friendly. This easy DIY New Year’s Eve party idea is one that the kids can help out with and make themselves. Everyone can take home a cute DIY party favor bag. It is so cute and easy, and relatively mess-free.
Muslin Bags (I found mine at Michaels and they are about 4×5 inches in size…you can use whatever color and size you like!)
Acrylic Paint in various colors
Pencils with NEW erasers ( you will need at least one pencil per paint color)
Dip the eraser into a bit of the paint and, using it like a stamp, push it gently onto the bag to create a polka dot. Repeat this step with various colors and numbers of dots to create a random pattern of polka dots. Let dry and you’re all set to use them. (On a few of the bags I stamped my gold polka dots last, after the other dots had dried and while the paint was still wet, added a bit of glitter to the dots to give it more sparkle.)
These are great because no matter what colors you are using for your party, you can create a custom colored New Year’s Eve party favor bag to match! Have the kids work on these over the next day or two while they are driving you a little batty after being out of school for almost 2 weeks now. 😉
Looking for other New Year’s Eve party ideas? Check out our DIY party gallery. Ooh…and don’t miss our great party appetizers and this YUMMY sparkling cider pound cake…SO good!
These midnight kisses and free printable are another SUPER popular New Year’s Eve party idea that people go crazy for. Enjoy!
Have a great day!
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- 20 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Settings : Simple Thanksgiving Table Decorations
- 17 Awesome Winter Party Ideas: Ski Party Themes
- Cute and Cheerful Christmas Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Enchanted Halloween Decorating Ideas With Balsam Hill
- Valentine's Day Fondue Date Night
- 12 Bloggers of Christmas with Balsam Hill : Our Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Modern Spider Themed Halloween Party
- DIY: How to Make Chocolate Dipped Oreos : A Lucky Treat for St. Patrick's Day
- Cute ideas for a DIY Valentine Carnival Party
- DIY Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids- How to make Glittered Turkeys with Fall Leaves
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
- DIY: How to Make Paper Rosettes