Our New Year’s Eve parties are always a family affair. We have some dear family friends that we celebrate with every year…bowling, dinner and then festivities at home with games, more food and fun. Because we always involve the kiddos, all of our New Year’s Eve party ideas are kid friendly. This easy DIY New Year’s Eve party idea is one that the kids can help out with and make themselves. Everyone can take home a cute DIY party favor bag. It is so cute and easy, and relatively mess-free.
Muslin Bags (I found mine at Michaels and they are about 4×5 inches in size…you can use whatever color and size you like!)
Acrylic Paint in various colors
Pencils with NEW erasers ( you will need at least one pencil per paint color)
Dip the eraser into a bit of the paint and, using it like a stamp, push it gently onto the bag to create a polka dot. Repeat this step with various colors and numbers of dots to create a random pattern of polka dots. Let dry and you’re all set to use them. (On a few of the bags I stamped my gold polka dots last, after the other dots had dried and while the paint was still wet, added a bit of glitter to the dots to give it more sparkle.)
These are great because no matter what colors you are using for your party, you can create a custom colored New Year’s Eve party favor bag to match! Have the kids work on these over the next day or two while they are driving you a little batty after being out of school for almost 2 weeks now. 😉
These midnight kisses and free printable are another SUPER popular New Year’s Eve party idea that people go crazy for. Enjoy!
Have a great day!
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- How to Hang a Picture Perfectly by Yourself : A Foolproof Guide
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Taco Bout A Party : Fiesta Party Ideas
- Easy Cake Topper Ideas: Hollywood Cake Topper
- Spooky Hospital Themed Party for Halloween
- School Party Ideas End of Year Breakfast Party (Back to School too!)
- 11 Valentine Party Themes for Kids: Valentine Card Party
- DIY Gift Card Holder : Cute Santa Gift Card Bag Idea
- How to Make Yummy Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwiches
- DIY Closet Organization and Outfit Look Book
- DIY Glittered Party Bottles : Fun DIY Party Ideas
- Interior Design: Teen Girl Bedroom Make Over
- Interior Design: The Power of Pillows