If the trend is good enough for Olivia Palermo and Taylor Swift, it’s good enough for me. With so many great options to choose from, whether it’s buffalo check to plaid, there’s an option for everyone to wear this season’s biggest trend. Bright and colorful or grungy, traditional checked prints are becoming more modern. This year the trend is more polished and sophisticated than ever. Plaid has a way of bringing a sense of whimsy and fun to every outfit. Pair your favorite top or vest with boyfriend jeans for a casual errand run or lunch date or mix a silky plaid with a pencil skirt for a sleek office look or night out on the town.
The easiest way to wear this season’s trend is with some great outerwear. From blazers to comfy sweaters, you can find something that fits just about every size, shape and style. That white collarless coat Get Styled is wearing is a great “goes with everything” piece. Keep oversized sweaters from looking to boxy, you can belt the waist like the Stylecaster and Style Estate for a more feminine shape. Pair a plaid blazer with some hot leather heels for an edgier look.
Kate Spade and Keds teamed up this season to create some of the cutest plaid shoes I’ve ever seen. These shoes, available in several colors, are adorable! They are perfect paired with your favorite boyfriend jeans and white T-shirt. Hit the Farmer’s Market or do some Christmas shopping in style. The pink ones are calling my name!
If you’re looking for an inexpensive way to add some great color to your wardrobe and bring in the plaid trend without breaking the bank, Target is the place to find a TON of great accessories. I am in love with the color on this scarf, and this mix and match plaid is fun too! Both are under $20 and would make great gifts too. It’s never to early to start thinking about that since we’re already in the middle of October! Yikes! I picked up one of these cardigans at Target the other day too, and I love it.
A cute shirtdress like this one from Macy’s, can take you from the office to dinner. When the work day is done add some sparkly earrings, a statement necklace, fun clutch and a great pair of heels and it’s time to clock out!
If you’re looking to escape the cold this winter and heading on a warm weather vacation, take the plaid trend with you. This suit is a splurge, but it is SO cute…and at least it’s on SALE! An early Christmas present maybe? 😉
One of my favorite plaid finds this season…check out these adorable boots:
SO cute, right? Can you believe they are from Target??!! Seriously love that place! They come in black and grey plaid, or the red and black shown. They are $39.99!!! Amazing.
Hopefully you’re feeling inspired to try this fun trend. Here are a few of my other favorites that are right now, something for everyone.
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party