Hard to believe, but Halloween is just around the corner! Whether your hosting a party, staying home to welcome trick or treaters, or in charge of classroom parties, it’s time to start thinking about treats! Here’s a quick and easy tutorial for a fun treat bag for party guests and little Gobblins alike. Fill these cute bags with Halloween trinkets and a fun treat like OREO cookies! With a glow in the dark feature, OREO 2-packs are great for party favors, gift bags, and a fun option for visiting trick-or-treaters.
This cute and easy project is great for all ages.
What you’ll need for the treat bag:
Canvas Tote Bag (full size for trick or treaters, mini sized for party favors and classroom parties)
Halloween themed rubber stamps
Black ink pad
Simply stamp the images of your choice onto the front of your tote bag, repeating wherever you would like the image to appear. You will need to re-ink the stamp each time you use it due to the fabric absorbing much of the ink with each stamp. I didn’t load my stamp with as much ink because I wanted more of a faded, “vintage” look to my bats. What is so great about these bags is that you can customize them completely! This would be a fun activity at a Halloween party too…each guest could make their own bag.
Once you have finished stamping your bag, let it dry for a bit so the ink soaks all the way into the fabric. Fill each bag with orange shred and tie on a few ribbons and tags to the handle to make it look extra fun. I added a chalkboard tag with “trick or treat” written on it, but it would also be helpful, if making these for a party, to write the guest’s names on each one to personalize them.
Imagine the delight for little trick-or-treaters and party guests when they find a Glow-in-the-dark OREO 2 pack in their bag! I mean, how cool do these packages look?
OREO Cookies hold a special place in my heart. My grandpa LOVES them. He used to sneak them without grandma knowing, and taught me his ways. I remember growing up, he had a cookie jar shaped like a stack of OREO cookies that held the chocolatey sandwich goodness in a hidden spot in the kitchen…and I used to sneak in and grab a cookie when ever I visited. 😉 Containing 2 cookies per pack, the OREO Glow-in-the-dark 2-packs are the perfect serving size for a spooky treat this Halloween season. My kids keep running into the closet before they eat their snack everyday so they can watch it glow. Grandpa’s love of OREO Cookies has been passed to the next generation. 😉
I hope you have fun making these quick and easy DIY treat bags, and a great time trick-or-treating!
You can join me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for more fun ideas about food, design, travel and entertaining. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss a thing!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- Galentine's Day Ideas : Galentine, Will You Accept This Rose? Free Printable
- 15 Beautiful Christmas Room Ideas : Our Christmas Bedroom Decor
- Beach Theme Cookies : DIY Clam Cookies
- Graduation Party Ideas : Follow Your Dreams
- Valentine's Day Fondue Date Night
- DIY Cupcake Toppers and Feather Party Food Picks
- Paint Your Own Pottery : DIY Painted Ceramic Planter
- DIY Coasters : Perfect for Game Night and Gifts
- Free Printable Valentine: You Drive Me Wild Valentine
- DIY Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids- How to make Glittered Turkeys with Fall Leaves
- DIY Closet Organization and Outfit Look Book
- Kid's Easter Craft DIY: How to Make a Cute Easter Nest from a Paper Bag