Side tables are the easiest way to add style and functionality to your space. Whether you are looking to add a pop of color, an interesting shape or a fun texture to your room, these little numbers are a great way to do it. Because they are often fairly inexpensive, you don’t need to feel too guilty about getting something a little trendier that you might want to switch out in a year or two.
I love this terraced glass and gold table from West Elm. It gives so many options for styling with the various heights and levels. Don’t be afraid to mix and match pieces in your rooms. Just because something is called a nightstand, doesn’t mean it needs to stay in the bedroom…and likewise, if a table is shown in a living room, it doesn’t mean it can’t work as a nightstand.
Wire side tables are everywhere these days, you can make them easily yourself, or you can find great unique options in just about every store. This fun green one is a steal for only $119 (on sale from $199), I’ve had my eye on this one from Target I love the shape and mix of wood and metal. For only $89, I won’t feel guilty at all!
Nesting tables, like these in this design from Becki Owens, offer lots of options for decorating. A table within a table, within a table, these space saving side table options are functional and create instant extra surface area to hold beverages, books and more. I love the bamboo legs on this set. They are sophisticated with a bit of sass. This set is very similar to the dainty tables pictured above.
I have a set of these tables from Ballard Designs. I opted to use two of these side tables together in lieu of a coffee table. When they are placed side by side, they are the same dimensions as a good size coffee table, but because I have a smaller home, I love having the option of separating them and using them in other places in the future or removing them completely to create more floor space when we are entertaining, etc.
Don’t be afraid to think outside the box when it comes to these versatile, functional pieces. I have used trash cans, giant pots and planters turned upside down…all kinds of things can become a great side table in an instant!
Here are a few more of my favorites on the market right now…(click any image for more info)
I hope you find something you love in this mix of side tables for every budget. You can check out our Interior Design Gallery for more decorating ideas too.
Oh, and don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the post) so you don’t miss anything!
- The Biggest and BEST Cyber Monday Deals
- Baby, It's Cold Outside! Cute Winter fashion with Walmart
- Serena and Lily Thank You Sale Event
- Unique Gifts for Cooks from Amazon
- Christmas Home Decorating Ideas - Home Tour
- Home Library Design : Midway Modern Farmhouse
- 31 Gorgeous Christmas Decorating Ideas for Every Room
- 15 Beautiful Christmas Room Ideas : Our Christmas Bedroom Decor
- 20 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Settings : Simple Thanksgiving Table Decorations
- 17 Awesome Winter Party Ideas: Ski Party Themes
- 31 Dazzling Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- 19 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
- Pink Baby Shower Ideas
- Spring Home Decor Tour: Our Spring Kitchen
- Meaningful Spaces Christmas Decor Home Tour
- The Ultimate Beach Party: Disney Teen Beach Movie Party