Are you hosting this Christmas? I am and I’m pretty excited about it. There will just be a small group of our family, but I love setting a pretty holiday table. Can I share my absolute favorite tip with you for setting a pretty table? Buy white plates. Well, I guess there are really two tips…once you have white plates, mix things up for each season and holiday by simply adding in a fun patterned salad plate and/or napkin. Yep, it’s that simple. The easy and inexpensive addition of a patterned salad plate or napkin ups the wow factor of the entire table for a steal. Here are a few examples of tables I have set using the white plates and patterned accent combo:
For this setting I reversed the white salad plate with a patterned dinner plate.
Some of my favorite seasonal plates (click on any affiliate image for more information)
Here are a few more tips to make your holiday table setting easy and stress free:
1. Bring in natural elements. Greenery, flowers, you can’t go wrong with bringing in natural elements into your table setting. Natural elements provide color, texture, and can be changed up easily to match the season. They don’t have to be expensive. Gather greens from your yard to create an arrangement.
2. Decorate above the table. create a cozy celebration by hanging things from the ceiling above the table to create a more defined entertaining space. Use hanging lights, branches, flags, streamers, disco balls, just think about height and make sure when guests stand up they don’t hit their heads.
3. Make your own place cards. Pin a paper name tag to a piece of fruit or a pine cone. Add a chalkboard tag with guests names on them tied around napkins. Cut sprigs from your tree to tie on napkins.
Isn’t that fun and easy? One of my FAVORITE places to pick up patterned accent plates is…you guessed it…HOMEGOODS! Ifyou could only see the stack of plates I have collected over the years. There is ALWAYS something cute there! So guess what? Today I am giving away a $100 gift card to HomeGoods to one lucky winner! Here’s how to enter:
Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this post, or in the sidebar and leave a comment on this post. At the end of the contest period (contest runs from 12/12/2016 12:00am until 12/14/2016 11:59pm PST) entries will be verified and a random winner will be selected from verified entries. A $100 gift card will be mailed to you in time for holiday entertaining! 🙂 Contest is open to residents of the USA only and only to those ages 18+.
Good luck and happy entertaining!
- Pretty Christmas Kitchen Decor Ideas Home Tour
- Cute Coastal Christmas Bedroom Decorating Ideas
- Easy Nutter Butter Acorn Cookies
- Pretty Christmas Decor from Walmart
- Funny Printable Valentine's Day Cards for Kids
- 27 Gorgeous Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Cute DIY Halloween Movie Night Party Ideas
- Birthday Wishes Tags : Free Printable Birthday Tags
- 12 Bloggers of Christmas with Balsam Hill : Our Farmhouse Christmas Tree
- Cute ideas for a DIY Valentine Carnival Party
- Make this Easy and Cute Valentine Pink and Red DIY Candy Gift Box
- Christmas Holiday Decorations Home Tour
- DIY Felted Garland Tutorial
- DIY Glittered Party Bottles : Fun DIY Party Ideas
- A Beautiful Christmas Holiday Home Tour with A Thoughtful Place Blog
- FREEBIE: You're a Tweet Heart, Valentine Free Printable Valentine Card/Tag