Well, the teams are set and the Super Bowl is on in just over a week. You know I love any excuse to party, so we are starting the party prep around here early this year. 😉 Are we really excited about football, or are we most excited about the food that comes with it? 😉 I had forgotten about these treats, I used to make them in college for game day and they were always a hit, so I decided to resurrect them and show you how to make them for your party this year! 🙂
You’ll need 4 ingredients:
3 TBS of butter
40 Marshmallows (the big ones)
6 cups of Cocoa Rice Krispies
And a couple of things that will make your life WAY easier when making these:
2 sandwich sized Ziploc bags
1 quart or gallon sized Ziploc
a rubber spatula
non-stick cooking spray
If you have never made rice krispy treats before, have no fear! It is SUPER easy! I’ll even give you a few tips to make your life easier. Melt the butter over low heat in a large pan, add marshmallows when the butter is melted and let them melt down. Spray your rubber spatula will cooking spray and use it to help the marshmallows melt by stirring them around. They are super sticky and the cooking spray will work miracles. 😉
Once the marshmallows are melted turn the stove off and add the cereal. Stir until they are all combined and then transfer mixture from the pan onto the parchment paper. Cover your hands with the sandwich sized Ziploc bags and spray them with cooking spray too.
Grab a good sized handful of the warm cereal mixture and shape it into a football shape. Set it on parchment to cool. You have to work while the mixture is warm or it will harden too much to shape.
Put your icing into the larger Ziploc bag and twist the top closed. Snip off a little corner so you can use it as a piping bag. Draw the laces on the footballs with icing.
Looking for more great football party ideas? You can find some of our other favorites here:
DIY Football Party Food and Favor Bags
DIY Felt Football Pennant Flags and Garland
More fun super bowl party recipes and ideas coming next week so stay tuned!
Have a great day!
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- Tacky Christmas Party Ideas : Ugly Sweater Party
- Mickey Mouse Party Ideas for One Year Old
- Irresistible Dip Recipe : Cheesy Chili Salsa Dip
- DIY Gift Card Holder : Cute Santa Gift Card Bag Idea
- Mexican Food : Healthy and Delicious Mexican Fruit Salad Recipe
- Delicious Frosted Banana Bars Recipe
- DIY Closet Organization and Outfit Look Book
- Nancy Drew Party Ideas
- Interior Design: Teen Girl Bedroom Make Over
- Interior Design: The Power of Pillows