A little secret about me…I have a HARD time finding art for my home. Are any of you in that same boat? My walls are pretty bare because I’m a bit of a commitment phob when it comes to actually hanging something. Another secret…I’m not a huge fan of wrapped canvas art. Not the pictures themselves, but just the presentation. When I’m shopping at HomeGoods and other places I see lots of pretty pieces, but I don’t usually buy them because I don’t want a canvas on my wall. Well, I decided to do something about it. 😉 A few months ago I found a canvas at my local HomeGoods that was super cool.
I loved the actual art, but again, it was on a canvas. Because I had been hunting for something with these exact colors…and the combination is one that’s hard to find, I broke down and bought the canvas. Then it sat. In my garage. For months. I realized that I either had to figure out a different way to use it or it was going to go completely to waste. That gave me the courage to do something drastic. I pulled the canvas off of it’s frame, and CUT it up. YIKES! But, let me tell you, it was a little liberating. 😉 I had a white gallery frame matter for an 11×14 image so I found a section of the image that I wanted and cut out an 11×14 piece.
Once it was cut out I framed it and put it on my desk. I LOVE it!
Figuring out this little trick has opened up a whole new world of art to me! 🙂 The bottom line is, that now I can buy discounted pieces of art and a frame to frame it in, for less than I can just buy a framed image most places. I found this canvas for $39.99 and the frame for $14.99, so for less than $60 I have a piece of art and I can use the canvas to make more if I want to.
I hope you are feeling inspired to look at canvas art in a whole new light. 🙂
Have a great day!
This post is linked up in the following places:
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party