A little secret about me…I have a HARD time finding art for my home. Are any of you in that same boat? My walls are pretty bare because I’m a bit of a commitment phob when it comes to actually hanging something. Another secret…I’m not a huge fan of wrapped canvas art. Not the pictures themselves, but just the presentation. When I’m shopping at HomeGoods and other places I see lots of pretty pieces, but I don’t usually buy them because I don’t want a canvas on my wall. Well, I decided to do something about it. 😉 A few months ago I found a canvas at my local HomeGoods that was super cool.
I loved the actual art, but again, it was on a canvas. Because I had been hunting for something with these exact colors…and the combination is one that’s hard to find, I broke down and bought the canvas. Then it sat. In my garage. For months. I realized that I either had to figure out a different way to use it or it was going to go completely to waste. That gave me the courage to do something drastic. I pulled the canvas off of it’s frame, and CUT it up. YIKES! But, let me tell you, it was a little liberating. 😉 I had a white gallery frame matter for an 11×14 image so I found a section of the image that I wanted and cut out an 11×14 piece.
Once it was cut out I framed it and put it on my desk. I LOVE it!
Figuring out this little trick has opened up a whole new world of art to me! 🙂 The bottom line is, that now I can buy discounted pieces of art and a frame to frame it in, for less than I can just buy a framed image most places. I found this canvas for $39.99 and the frame for $14.99, so for less than $60 I have a piece of art and I can use the canvas to make more if I want to.
I hope you are feeling inspired to look at canvas art in a whole new light. 🙂
Have a great day!
This post is linked up in the following places:
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- Everything You Need to Know About How to Hang Art the Right Way
- OC Ranch Reno Kitchen Remodel Before & After
- Easy Design Updates for a Cozy Guest Bedroom
- Midway Modern Dining Room Ideas
- Creative Gift Wrapping Ideas for Kids (and everyone else)
- 15 Beautiful Christmas Room Ideas : Our Christmas Bedroom Decor
- DIY Doormat : Welcome Mat Ideas
- 17 Awesome Winter Party Ideas: Ski Party Themes
- Tacky Christmas Party Ideas : Ugly Sweater Party
- 27 Gorgeous Christmas Decorating Ideas
- Cute Bugs and Kisses Printable for Halloween
- Cute ideas for a DIY Valentine Carnival Party
- Reading Nook : Create a Cozy Space
- Entertain: Pink, Gold and Mint Baptism Party