I don’t know about you guys, but when I’m giving a gift card I am always looking for a clever way to wrap it up. I am always on the hunt for a cute gift card holder or gift card bag ideas…something that makes a pint sized gift look fun and exciting. I was at Michaels the other day and found these cute red drawstring bags and had an idea for a fun DIY gift card holder.
These little cloth bags are the perfect size for a gift card bag, so grab a few pieces of felt and some pom poms and you are all set to whip up these darling (and easy) DIY gift card holders.
MATERIALS (affiliate links included for your convenience)
Cut a strip of black felt about 3/4 of an inch wide and the same width as your bag. Glue the black felt to the bag as shown in image above. Cut a small rectangle from the gray felt (about 1.5 inches x 1 inch) (shown in the image above) and cut a square out of the middle of the gray piece by folding it in half as shown in the image below.
Glue pom poms to the top of the bag.
Fill the gift card holder with shredded tissue and your gift cards and you’re all set! 🙂
Isn’t that fun and easy?! You can whip up a ton of these gift card holders for all of your gift giving needs in a matter of minutes. It will be a fun keepsake for the gift recipient too! I hope you are feeling inspired to create something amazing (and easy!) at your house.
I love projects like this cute little diy gift card holder because DIY doesn’t mean difficult, it’s great to be able to create something with such a wow factor in just a few minutes! You can find me on Facebook , Instagram and Pinterest here if you’d like to see more daily entertaining, design, DIY and travel inspiration.
If you’re looking for more fun and easy DIY ideas, you can find all of our most popular ones in our DIY gallery.
Don’t forget to sign up for the PPD newsletter in the sidebar so you don’t miss any fun ideas!
Have a great day!
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party