The addition of wood in any space makes it feel warmer and welcoming. Reclaimed It enhances modern spaces and adds a touch of character and history to a contemporary home. It’s not just for your floors anymore either. Here are five of my favorite fresh design ideas to use wood and some great ideas for incorporating it into your home.
via hyphen interiors and pinterest
Have you forgotten about your room’s fifth wall? I don’t know about you, but when I walk into a space where some sort of attention has been paid to the ceiling, it really makes a statement. We usually forget about the ceiling, but if you’re looking to take your room to the next level, consider the architectural interest that wood on the ceiling will add. Not only does it look great, but in smaller spaces it attracts your eye upward, making rooms seem bigger and ceilings appear higher.
I’m not talking wainscoting here people. I’m talking paneling and interesting patterns created with different types of interior wood finishes. Depending on the look you are going for, you can leave the wood unfinished, rough hewn, or even mix finishes to add depth and great texture to a room.
via hooked on houses and bright bold beautiful
You can’t ever go wrong with wainscoting in my opinion, but lately it’s become even more fun with wainscoting going to new heights and levels of creativity. Non-traditional heights on walls, larger scale baseboards, new shapes and patterns.
via Mirth Studios
My favorite new find of late, these painted wood tiles are incredible!! If you’ve seen painted wood floors before, this takes that idea to a whole new level! Companies like Mirth Studios are manufacturing engineered hard wood that is pre-painted with incredible images that when installed make your floor look like a work of art.
via dream home diy and Carla aston
If you’ve walked into a Restoration Hardware lately then you know that reclaimed is in and it’s here to stay for awhile. While it might seem crazy to pay extra for something that is worn or used, just think about how much you have paid for a pair of jeans with strategically placed holes in them. 😉 Using found wood allows you not only to bring new life to something old, but it has an amazing patina that just can’t be matched or manufactured.
I LOVE using wood in any spot in my home and I hope you are feeling inspired to do the same!
Have a great day!
- Front Entryway Decorating Ideas : Midway Modern Farmhouse Remodel
- Simple Guest Room Design : Bedroom Remodel Before & After
- Home Office Decorating Ideas : Our Home Office Remodel
- Powder Bathroom Renovation Before & After : OC Ranch Reno
- Spring Blogger Home Tour 2022
- Midway Modern Master Bedroom Design Ideas
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- Fall Decor : 30 Beautiful Fall Room Decor Tours
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Spring Home Decor - 30 Beautiful Ideas
- 20 Beautiful Christmas Kitchen Decorating Ideas
- How to Accessorize Kitchen Countertops
- Spring Table Setting Ideas : Blogger Home Tour
- Christmas Home Decor : Our Christmas Home Tour
- Interior Design: Painting Kitchen Cabinets Light and Bright: A Kitchen Remodel
- Sweets: Red Velvet Bliss
2 thoughts on “Interior Design: Five Fresh Design Ideas for Using Wood in Your Home”
Love the wood on the ceilings, wainscoting, painted wood – especially the blue tiles – and the reclaimed wood. Not so much the statement walls. The moment I saw it I immediately flashed back to my kitchen in the 70’s: three walls paneled in “wood” and one wall paneled in “brick” . . . YEEECH.
lol Kay! I can totally understand the PTSD from bad paneling! 😉
have a great day!