I’ll just call this what it is… a dessert hack. It’s my take on strawberry shortcake, and it’s so simple and delicious! Take puff pastry from freezer section of the store. Thaw and cut pastry with your favorite biscuit cutter (or a drinking glass works well, too!) Brush the top with an egg wash (1 egg, plus 1 t. water, whisk til combined), and bake at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until pastry is puffy and golden. Remove and let cool slightly. I topped mine with my favorite cream cheese whip (1 block of cream cheese, 3/4 c.. powdered sugar, 1 t. vanilla extract, beat til combined.) It’s light, fluffy and adds just the right amount of tartness. Add sliced strawberries and a dash of cinnamon sugar. It’s like a perfect little pillow of strawberry, pastry, creamy perfection. Enjoy!
To see more of my sweet treats, check out Society Sweet’s Instagram!
- Hearty & Delicious Homemade Chili Recipe
- Free Valentine Cards
- O Christmas Tree : Our Christmas Living Room Decor
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- Christmas Home Decorating Ideas - Home Tour
- How to Host a Cute and Easy Super Bowl Party
- Adorable Free Printable Halloween Tags for Booing Friends and Neighbors : Booyah!
- Cupcake Toppers Ideas : DIY Pom Pom Cupcake Toppers
- Enchanted Halloween Decorating Ideas With Balsam Hill
- Spooky Hospital Themed Party for Halloween
- Elf Movie Night Party - Christmas Traditions
- Delicious Hard boiled Egg Recipes : How to Use up Those Leftover Easter Eggs
- Cute and Easy Felt and Canvas Shamrock Pennant Banner
- Sweets: Chocolate Ganache
- Entertain: Pink, Gold and Mint Baptism Party
- Free Printable Valentine: What Does the Fox Say?