Our house has gone through so many changes over the last bit, I realized I had never documented it’s progress here on the blog. While this isn’t entirely what we started with years ago, this is a little “before” from the images you have been seeing lately. Much more traditional than things look now. It’s fun to watch the evolution of a space, how tastes and styles change and the home can look completely different every 5 years.
This room looks a little stuffier on film than it did in person. That killer coffee table from HomeGoods is now at my sister’s house. It is gorgeous and indestructible. The neighborhood boys used to sit on it and play video games. Like I said..indestructible! 😉
I always want the family room to feel cozy and welcoming. You know, the type of room where you can put your feet up and relax kind of welcoming. The stone wall went a long way to giving the room a sense of history and coziness. Easy and traditional accessories from HomeGoods dressed up the mantel and pillows and lamps (also from HomeGoods) created nice reading corners.
This rooster is still one of my favorite finds from HomeGoods. It goes with my décor regardless of the color scheme or style. 😉
Love, Love, Love this bench and rug from HomeGoods in our master. It’s great to have a little somewhere to sit when you want to put on shoes in the morning.
Of course I had a to have some fun with Ashley’s room. This look was inspired by a Lily Pulitzer shop in South Beach that I saw once. Love the contrast of he black handwritten text and the crisp white wainscoting. Bright pillows from HomeGoods pop against the black tufted headboard.
It’s amazing how different a bathroom can look simply by swapping out the wall mirror with an inexpensive mirror you hang. Suddenly it looks much more custom.
We had a ton of wasted space in our master bathroom, so I found this funky nightstand on clearance at HomeGoods and put it to use in the bathroom. It holds make-up, toiletries and bath towels.
- Favorite Walmart Home Decor Finds for Fall
- Fall Home Decor Ideas & Blogger Home Tour
- Ultimate Dorm Storage Solutions
- Decorate Your Dorm With Walmart
- Home Library Design : Midway Modern Farmhouse
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- 31 Dazzling Christmas Living Room Decor Ideas
- How to Accessorize Kitchen Countertops
- 19 Beautiful Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
- Bunk Room Plans : Our Bunk Room Design
- Spring Table Setting Ideas : Blogger Home Tour
- Kitchen Remodel Update on the 1987 Fixer Upper
- Spring Home Decor Ideas : Spring Home Tour
- Fall Home Tour : Beautiful Home Decorating Ideas
- A Beautiful Christmas Holiday Home Tour with A Thoughtful Place Blog
- Interior Design: Teen Girl Bedroom Make Over