Can you believe it’s October already?! Where does the time go? I feel like I was just lamenting about summer ending and school starting, and now, here we are nearly two months into school and the holidays are upon us! Starting around the middle of September I start getting the itch to break out the Halloween decor. This year, I have teamed up with five other Halloween crazed bloggers to take you on a Halloween Home Tour of our decor and I couldn’t be more excited! You may have seen our Fall Home Tour a few weeks ago, well…now it’s time to break out the spooky skeletons and spiderwebs. If you are joining me from Blooming Homestead, welcome!! Isn’t Marie’s tour faBOOlus? Sorry, I couldn’t resist! 😉 I hope you enjoy our spooky touches to the house!
I don’t know how I would live without a mantel. I absolutely love changing it up every season because it really is the focal point of the family room. The spooky ripped cheesecloth from Party City along with one of my favorite happy accidents…that ripped fabric garland, drapes perfectly over the mantel. I needed something inexpensive and neat looking for a Halloween shoot a few years ago, so I went to the fabric store, picked out a few fabrics that coordinated and looked a bit spooky, and then proceeded to rip them into strips about 5 inches long. Finally, I sewed each of the strips together to create long pieces of each fabric and then just clustered them together to hang them. The frayed fabric garland is one of my absolute favorite decorations and have continued to use it every year since.
The Shutterfly pillows from this year’s Halloween party shoot were prefect for the couch. In addition to the black and white pillows that I usually use, it was fun to add in a few pops of orange this year with the Shutterfly pillows…and the spiderwebs are super fun!
Adding in pops of orange this year gave me the chance to bring in these fun vintage looking pumpkin figurines and I used the warm yellow fall looking flowers from my regular fall decor, because it’s all about shopping your own home and using what you have, right?
This cool anatomy wall hanging was a HomeGoods find this year and knew that I had to have it since I usually incorporate skeletons and bones into just about everything I do.
These bunches of cotton were the perfect addition from Hobby Lobby. They are really cool looking and I can use them for several things, but I love the look for Halloween and how I can add a glitter spider and they kind of resemble spider eggs…spooky!
I brought in an old mirror from the garage (aka my decor storage unit) 😉 It changes up the look of the mantel where I usually have my round wood sunburst mirror. The stretchy spiderweb is from Michaels and is the prefect addition to dress up the mirror and add another layer of texture and interest.
This girl is another one of my favorites. A few spider webs and spiders and she is dressed up all pretty for the big day. 😉
More cotton in the living room to dress up the console. I added black and white x-rays over our usual pictures to spookify the room. My absolute favorite candlesticks from Pottery Barn complete the look.
I hope you enjoyed our Halloween Home! Next stop is House by Hoff! If you haven’t met April yet, you are in for a treat! Be sure to join us again tomorrow when three more Halloween Homes go on display! Here is the complete line up for you:
Happy Home Touring! 😉
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party