Sometimes I want to eat bad things for breakfast, even when i’s only January and I just started my “new year healthy eating plan.” 😉 Fortunately I had some of my favorite Blueberry muffins in the freezer and because I make them with fresh blueberries, I don’t feel quite as bad about eating one…I mean, it counts as fruit, right? 😉
You can whip these puppies up in no time and if you are afraid you are going to eat them all at once like I am often tempted to do, let them cool thoroughly and then pop them in the freezer. When you are in a hurry, or craving on just heat it in the microwave for about 30 seconds and you’ve got a fresh, hot homemade breakfast at your fingertips.
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 ¼ cups brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sour cream
3 cups blueberries
Turbinado Sugar Crystals for tops of muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 24 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In large bowl beat eggs, gradually add sugar while beating. Continue beating while slowly pouring in oil. Stir in vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir dry ingredients into egg mixture alternately with sour cream. Gently fold in blueberries. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with Turbinado Sugar crystals.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.