An ice cream party is a timeless classic perfect for any occasion. I remember back when I was in elementary school they used to have an ice cream sundae party every year at open house. I can’t remember all of the details, (because I’m old! lol!) but I’m sure it was a fundraiser designed to help raise money for the school while all of the families were there for the evening, but what I do remember is that it was always a highlight of the year. We looked forward to a chance to come to school, show our parents all of our fancy projects, and most importantly…eat ice cream sundaes! When I thought about designing a new birthday party printable set, ice cream sundae party ideas just kept coming to mind. Pretty pinks and pastels look so fun together. But the most fun part to design is always the dessert table!
The problem with ice cream parties is making the ice cream last. It melts SO fast! I started brainstorming for ice cream sundae party ideas that would look super cute on a dessert party table, fit the ice cream party food theme, and not melt.
While strolling the aisles of WalMart I stumbled on these adorable mini ice cream cones. Why is everything mini always so much cuter?? I knew I needed to somehow replicate the look of an ice cream cone with these mini cones, but using real ice cream was out of the question. I’ve seen cupcakes baked in ice cream cones before, but I wanted to do something a little different and even easier. Cute, easy and inexpensive are three of my favorite things, especially when it comes to party planning!
I wandered through the bakery section and stopped next to the donut holes. These adorable (and delicious!) chocolate donut holes with rainbow sprinkles were the perfect size for the mini ice cream cones.
You can use any donut holes, but for cost planning purposes, these donut holes were $2.48 for about 32 donut holes. The Mini Ice Cream Cones were about $2.00 also, making these cute ice cream party treats only about 15 cents a piece! Amazing!
To make make these adorable treats simply top each mini ice cream cone with a donut hole and you’re done! It REALLY doesn’t get any easier than that! Plus, aren’t they cute? If you need to transport them or are worried that the donut holes might fall off when people (especially kids) grab a mini ice cream cone, you can line the rim of the mini ice cream cone with a bit of icing to help “glue” the donut hole into place.
I hope these cute ice cream sundae party food ideas help you in planning your very own ice cream sundae party! You can find more ice cream sundae party ideas in this post.
I hope you will come back often. Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.
We have TONS of fun DIY party ideas on the site. Visit our Party Gallery here to see them all. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Easy Apple Muffins with Cinnamon Streusel Topping Recipe
- Our Halloween Home Decor
- Free Halloween Tag Printable "Hey Boo"
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread Recipe With Streusel Topping
- HelloFresh Meals : How it Works & Why We Love it
- Our Modern Christmas Tree : 30 Gorgeous Christmas Home Decor Tours
- Taco Bout A Party : Fiesta Party Ideas
- Paint Your Own Pottery : DIY Painted Ceramic Planter
- DIY Coasters : Perfect for Game Night and Gifts
- Free Printable Valentine: You Drive Me Wild Valentine
- Make this Easy and Cute Valentine Pink and Red DIY Candy Gift Box
- Halloween: My Favorite Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe with Whipped Cream Ghosts
- Are you Ready for Some Football? Tailgate themed Football Party Ideas
- Birthday Party Ideas : The Patisserie Party with Society Sweets
- DIY: How to Make a Felt Circle Garland
- St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Pancakes