Spring and summer are all about Strawberries. Strawberry Jam, Strawberry pie, a great strawberry shortcake recipe …I can’t get enough of them! I am always looking for pretty party centerpieces and these strawberry topiaries are always a hit at any gathering…baby shower, bridal showers, Mother’s Day brunches..you name it. If you are wondering how to make fruit decorations and worried that it might be difficult..have no fear! These easy strawberry topiaries will take you 30 minutes or less and they are beautiful! And, when you pair it with our favorite fruit dip, it becomes an easy dessert.
HOW TO MAKE FRUIT DECORATIONS
Here is what you need to create this easy strawberry dessert topiary:
A foam topiary shape (I used something similar to these for the fruit decoration shown)
Strawberries (about 2lbs for the one shown here)
Wash and dry your strawberries.
This is the most important part: LEAVE THE STEMS ON! I made the mistake when I was trying to figure out how to make these, of cutting the stems off at first. When I cut the stems off, the toothpicks did not stay in the strawberries because they need the stems to give them something a little sturdier to grab on to.
Stick a toothpick into your strawberry in the middle of the stem and then poke the other end of the toothpick into the foam topiary shape. Continue around the topiary filling in the strawberries as you go.
Isn’t that pretty? You can see why it’s always a hit at parties. Bring this to your Mother’s Day brunch for oohs and ahhs. Looking for those cute berry baskets? You can find them here.
I hope you like this fun and easy strawberry dessert idea! Now you know how to make fruit decorations that look amazing, but only you have to know just how easy they are! Looking for more beautiful and easy entertaining ideas? Check out some of our most popular posts:
Have you signed up for our newsletter? Don’t miss out on getting all of the latest from Pink Peppermint Design delivered right to your inbox. Click here to subscribe to our newsletter and get access to our entire library of over 50 free printables. And, if you’re on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest come join me there too. I love to share tons of daily inspiration.
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Small Living Room Decorating Ideas
- Modern Master Bedroom Ideas : Our Summer Home Tour
- DIY Front Yard Landscaping Ideas on a Budget
- Awesome Boy Bedroom Ideas
- Kids Bathroom Design Ideas: Kid's Bathroom Makeover Reveal
- Cute Room Ideas for a Teenage Girl: Teen Bedroom Before and After
- Wall Art for Teenage Girl Bedrooms
- Modern Kitchen Cabinet Hardware Ideas : My Favorite Brass Hardware
- Beautiful Modern Coastal Design Ideas for Living Rooms
- Modern Coastal Decor Living Room Decorating Ideas
- The Best DIY Butter Slime Recipe Made With Clay (No Borax)
- Master Bathroom Remodel Ideas : Master Bathroom Before and After
- The Best Easter Basket Ideas for a teenage girl (and tweens)
- Tween Girl Bedroom Ideas : Preppy Teen Girl Bedroom in Pink, Navy and Green
- Mermaid Party Ideas : Mermaid Pool Party