If you aren’t familiar with The Ham Yard Hotel, The Covent Garden Hotel, The Haymarket Hotel…well, any of the Firmdale Hotels for that matter, let me be the first to introduce you. 🙂 With eight boutique hotels in London, two in New York, and a handful of bars and restaurants, they are a growing company. Firmdale Hotels takes luxury boutique hotels to the next level. Husband and wife team Tim and Kit Kemp (she was named the Andrew Martin International Interior Designer of the Year in 2008) believe that “hotels should be living things and not stuffy institutions.” Kit designs each hotel and the pattern mixing and color combinations are incredibly inspiring. Character and quirkiness abound. Graphic prints mixed with bold florals, beautiful decor pieces and unexpected color combinations make each room and each property a completely unique experience and a feast for the senses. For a dose of fresh, modern English style, check out the gorgeous Ham Yard Hotel London.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Such bold patterns and contrasting colors.
Love those rich blues in this room paired with the lime green.
Those floor to ceiling windows are stunning!
Love the use of wallpaper in all of these rooms.
This spot is my favorite. The colorful and playful bar/restaurant.
This fabulous library comes in a close second.
Planning a vacation? Looking for more travel posts and ideas? You can check out our entire Travel Gallery to see all of our posts and helpful info.
You can read these other popular articles if you are looking for more fun places to visit:
The Monarch Beach Resort – Kid Friendly Resorts in Orange County
The Best Place to Stay in Charleston South Carolina
What it’s like to Rent A Vacation Apartment in London
Best Hotels in London with Family Rooms
My Favorite Hotels in Midtown Manhattan
The Best Hotel with a Pool in Rome
Prettiest Hotel in Venice on a Private Island
Luxury Boutique Hotel in Chelsea: The High Line Hotel
Thanks for visiting the blog! Come and join me on social to follow along with all of my Design, Travel, DIY, Shopping Deals and other posts. You can find me here:
Instagram | Pinterest | Facebook | Like to Know It
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter too so you can get access to our amazing free printables library! Get on the list here and get access to all kinds of fun delivered directly to your inbox.
Do you have a hotel, restaurant, shop or some other destination you think I should check out for Destination Design? Let me know about it in the comments, or send me an email at email@example.com I am always on the hunt!
- Week in Review & A Weekend Trip to Dallas
- Visit Sleeping Beauty's Castle : Neuschwanstein Castle Germany
- The Prettiest Afternoon Teas in London
- Planning a Hawaiian Vacation for Your Family : Honolulu Travel Guide
- 1 Hotel West Hollywood Review : A Weekend Getaway
- Organizing Tips for Traveling with Kids
- La Petite Venise : Visit Colmar Alsace France
- Inn at Entrada : Places to Stay Near Zion National Park
- Hotels in London with Family Rooms : The Kensington Hotel London
- Visitor Oyster Cards : Tips for Getting Around London
- How to Get to Zermatt : Our Matterhorn Adventure
- Amsterdam : Tour a Traditional Canal House : Our Stay on the Keizersgracht Canal
- Interesting Things to See in London: Notting Hill
- Take a Spin on the London Eye: Things to do in London
- The Best View in Paris: The Arc De Triomphe
- Train Rides through Europe How it Works and What to Expect
3 thoughts on “Destination Design: The Ham Yard Hotel, London”
Swoon! I didn’t know about these hotels. I can’t get over the scale of the headboard in the third photo!! Love your blog and Instagram!
Thank you so much Amy! You just made my day! 🙂 Isn’t that headboard fabulous? 🙂
Have a wonderful day!