If you aren’t familiar with The Ham Yard Hotel, The Covent Garden Hotel, The Haymarket Hotel…well, any of the Firmdale Hotels for that matter, let me be the first to introduce you. 🙂 With eight boutique hotels in London, two in New York, and a handful of bars and restaurants, they are a growing company. Firmdale Hotels takes luxury boutique hotels to the next level. Husband and wife team Tim and Kit Kemp (she was named the Andrew Martin International Interior Designer of the Year in 2008) believe that “hotels should be living things and not stuffy institutions.” Kit designs each hotel and the pattern mixing and color combinations are incredibly inspiring. Character and quirkiness abound. Graphic prints mixed with bold florals, beautiful decor pieces and unexpected color combinations make each room and each property a completely unique experience and a feast for the senses. For a dose of fresh, modern English style, check out the gorgeous Ham Yard Hotel London.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Such bold patterns and contrasting colors.
Love those rich blues in this room paired with the lime green.
Those floor to ceiling windows are stunning!
Love the use of wallpaper in all of these rooms.
This spot is my favorite. The colorful and playful bar/restaurant.
This fabulous library comes in a close second.
Planning a vacation? Looking for more travel posts and ideas? You can check out our entire Travel Gallery to see all of our posts and helpful info.
You can read these other popular articles if you are looking for more fun places to visit:
Thanks for visiting the blog! Come and join me on social to follow along with all of my Design, Travel, DIY, Shopping Deals and other posts. You can find me here:
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter too so you can get access to our amazing free printables library! Get on the list here and get access to all kinds of fun delivered directly to your inbox.
Do you have a hotel, restaurant, shop or some other destination you think I should check out for Destination Design? Let me know about it in the comments, or send me an email at tammy@I am always on the hunt!
- 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge : A Beautiful Place to Stay in NYC
- Traveling to Dijon France : Dijon Hotels, Mustard & More
- Verona, Italy Travel Guide: Where to Eat, Stay and Things to Do in Verona, Italy
- The BEST Christmas Lights in London
- My Guide to the Best Restaurants in Orange County
- Organizing Tips for Traveling with Kids
- La Petite Venise : Visit Colmar Alsace France
- Hotels in London with Family Rooms : The Kensington Hotel London
- Disney Gifts for Mom : Awesome Gifts for Disney Lovers
- Visitor Oyster Cards : Tips for Getting Around London
- How to Get to Zermatt : Our Matterhorn Adventure
- New York City at Christmas : Things to Do
- Interesting Things to See in London: Notting Hill
- Things to Do in London: Afternoon Tea at the Orangery at Kensington Palace
- Train Rides through Europe How it Works and What to Expect
- One Fine Stay : What it's like to rent a vacation apartment in London